Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

How to re-use category list ?
How to re-use the category list into a template

Comments on How to re-use category list ?

ki
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
ki
Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:08 AM:

Hi,

I want to give the possibility to the members to specify there category. To do so, I want to add a dropdown menu in the member registration template filled and updated) automatically in with the existing category list used for the links.

How can I do that ?

Many thanks in advance (please be precise in your answer because I'm not expert).
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 20, 2006 - 1:08 PM:

Members and categories don't logically associate, it doesn't make any sense for a member to have a category. You can copy and paste the category selector from the wrapper and change the selector name, of course, but I can't imagine how you're going to use the recorded data.
ki
Beginner

ki
Posted Oct 24, 2006 - 9:29 AM:

Thank you. I will try because until now I did'nt succeed with a copy and paste of the category selector.

To your information: In my case the category is useful also for the members subscribtion because all the members are professionals and i need to order them into the type of activity they belong witch is always one of the existing link categorie. This is the reason why I want to re-use the category list.
ki
Beginner

ki
Posted Oct 24, 2006 - 9:29 AM:

Thank you. I will try because until now I did'nt succeed with a copy and paste of the category selector.

To your information: In my case the category is useful also for the members subscribtion because all the members are professionals and i need to order them into the type of activity they belong witch is always one of the existing link categorie. This is the reason why I want to re-use the category list.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.