admin login problem with integration turned on

Comments on IE7 admin login problem with integration

ivillages
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
Posted May 05, 2007 - 1:13 PM:

I've got v4.0.0 of wsnlinks installed and integration setup with an application called geodesic classifieds. THis setup has been working fine for the past 2 years. I upgraded my browser to IE7 and now when I login to the claassifieds as admin and browse to my wsnlinks admin page I get:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/hificlas/public_html/links/databases/mysql.php on line 22

This does not happen in Firefox, nor does it happen with IE6 on a different workstation. I've rebooted my workstation and still this problem.

I'm getting similar behavior with wsnkb with the same setup, fyi. Is there a patch that I'm missing for IE7 compatibility?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 06, 2007 - 4:03 PM:

A browser-dependant mysql warning sounds like the result of a stray cookie. You haven't listed your version number so I don't know if your version is vulnerable to being messed up by cookies set by other scripts in the same path. If it's actually 4.0.0 -- 27 releases behind the current -- then it is.
ivillages
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
Posted May 08, 2007 - 6:58 AM:

Paul wrote:
A browser-dependant mysql warning sounds like the result of a stray cookie. You haven't listed your version number so I don't know if your version is vulnerable to being messed up by cookies set by other scripts in the same path. If it's actually 4.0.0 -- 27 releases behind the current -- then it is.

Actually I did state it was version 4.0.0. You state 'then it is'. What do you mean by this??
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 08, 2007 - 1:04 PM:

I presumed no one would be reporting a bug in a .0 version from last fall which has been followed up with 27 subsequent bug fix releases, and that you thus meant the series rather than the specific release. Releases are made for a reason, upgrade.

By "it is" I mean "vulnerable to being messed up by cookies set by other scripts in the same path."
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.