Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Insert Member's Latitude and Longitude
Insert user's coordinates to show weather for instance.

Comments on Insert Member's Latitude and Longitude

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Insert Member's Latitude and Longitude
Posted Oct 27, 2019 - 6:20 PM:

I'm trying to load an iframe for a weather widget and before I get too deep, I was looking into support and the KB to see if there was a variable we could insert into a url string to grab the latitude and longtitude of the member's/visitor's location so that a proper location was obtained for a weather map (in this example).

This is my url string loaded inside the iframe: (currently set for NYC)

embed.windy.com/embed2.htm...Temp=default&radarRange=-1

I see {MEMBERIPCITY} and {MEMBERIPCOUNTRY} are available but this is not helpful for this weather widget (which is the best imho), could you send me a quote or let me know if you plan on including lat and long as a variable in the future? Thanks!

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 28, 2019 - 9:18 PM:

It looks like the IP location system has the option to return latitude and longitude, so I can add {MEMBERIPLATITUDE} and {MEMBERIPLONGITUDE} (live data and applicable to guests as well as members) for $50.

Aside: I came acrossWeatherStack recently which is more flexible than a frame, but also a lot more complex to implement.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Oct 30, 2019 - 5:07 PM:

Let's do it. I sent you an email regarding this project. (I thought I posted this response but didn't see it, so I'm replying again).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.