Comments on integration with EE

trued
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 69
trued
Posted Jul 09, 2005 - 5:46 PM:

I just created an integration script for wsn links to be integrated into Expression engine. I uploaded it to the integration folder and when I installed wsnlinks I made the prefix the same as EE's table prefix which is exp_ and used the same database. I then login to the wsnlinks admin panel to choose the EE integration script and when I try to login to EE I get an error that basically lists the table its missing.

When I go into phpadmin to check the members table I only see the wsn fields and all EE fields are missing.

By the instructions I read in wsn links manual for integration it should add the fields missing for wsn and merge the ones that are the same.

This is my integration script:

<?php
// EE member integration hack for WSN

$memberstable = 'members';
$newusergroup = 'group_id';
$newname = 'username';
$newid = 'member_id';
$newmemberwebsite = 'url';
$newip = 'ip_address';
$newlastvisit = 'last_visit ';
$newallowuseremail = 'accept_user_email ';
$newallowemail = 'accept_admin_email ';
$newcomments = 'total_comments ';
$newtime = 'join_date ';

$group1 = '3'
$group2 = '5'
$group3 = '1'
$group4 = '2'
$group5 = '4'
$group6 = '6'

$otherencoder = 'no'; // use md5 by default. if other, write it up in encoder.php

$admingroup = '1';
// Note: group listed above should be the administrative usergroup. If not, change the line above.
// Be sure you do not use the wrong group id, or members may be able to use your admin panel.

$idcookiename = '';
$passwordcookiename = '';
// fill in the name of the cookie that holds the member id and password, if possible.

$cookietype = ''; // if user cookie is array, fill in 'array'
$idindex = ''; // index of cookie that gives the id
$passwordindex = ''; // index of cookie that gives the password
$cookieidtype = ''; // if the cookie id is actually a username, put 'name' here
?>

I dont know what Im doing wrong? It seems that once I install the database for wsn it deletes the ones from EE.

Should I be keeping the prefix wsn for the wsn database?

I would really appreciate your help with this. and I mean really!! thank you so much in advance. Im so close to finishing the site and this would make a huuuuge difference. smiling face
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 12:26 AM:

When I go into phpadmin to check the members table I only see the wsn fields and all EE fields are missing.

You must be looking in the wrong table, probably at the old WSN table. EE wouldn't work if its fields didn't exist, so if your EE works then it's certainly there. Whether the WSN fields have been added is another matter.

and merge

No merging, simply leaves them alone.

You have lines in your integration file like
that are duplicated numerous times, and it could be they shouldn't be there in the first place as whatever accept_user_email contains may not be the same 'yes' or 'no' that WSN requires... I gather you haven't checked.

Now, anyhow, you haven't actually posted your error or debug at all. Read the 'mysql errors' manual entry.
trued
Experienced

trued
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 4:32 PM:

Ok, im looking in the exp_members table which should be the table for EE and for wsn because I made the prefix 'exp' when i did the setup for wsn.

these were my exact steps.

1. create database called 'wsn'.
2. Install EE and use database 'wsn' for it.
3. Install wsnlinks and use 'wsn' database for it too using the prefix exp, the same as EE.
4. Login to wsnlinks admin and change the integration script drop down from none to EE.
5. Check database table called exp_members to see if all fields exist. those of EE and of WSNlinks

This is where I then see only the fields for wsnlinks. Its almost like it dropped the table and then recreated it. Isnt that what the setup.sql file says to do?

So when I go to the EE admin page or even its index page i get an sql error that then lists the fields of the members table. I guess becasue they are missing.

I dont get errors in wsn once i install it , just in EE. I just checked if the accept email fields need yes or no. In EE all the fields requiring yes or no just use a Y or N. How do I get this to match?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 8:51 PM:

because I made the prefix 'exp' when i did the setup for wsn.

Why? Well, if that's what EE uses also, you're probably breaking EE. And if you've eliminated the EE members table by giving the WSN one the same name, there's nothing left to integrate with. Never, ever do something to make two scripts use the same table name... the whole purpose of allowing prefixes is so that can be prevented from ever happening.

Anyhow, you're adding a bunch of bad steps that are nowhere in the instructions.
trued
Experienced

trued
Posted Jul 11, 2005 - 8:07 AM:

aha, ok, sounds like that is the problem then.I didnt know how wsn would then look in the right table if the prefix was different. Should I have
 $memberstable = 'exp_members'
instead of
$memberstable = 'members'
?

I will reinstall them both. Installing EE first then wsnlinks. I will leave the prefix alone and I will repair the integration script so that it doesnt have the duplicate entry. Thanx, I will let you know if that works.
trued
Experienced

trued
Posted Jul 11, 2005 - 9:38 AM:

I have installed them both again.

I used the same database but left the prefix for wsnlinks as 'wsn'.
I also left the memberstable name as just members in the integration script.

I was able to login to the admin account of wsn but I cannot logout.

When I go to memberlist, should I be able to see the members I have created in EE?

How can I tell if the integration worked?

Can this have anything to do with the cookie info needed in the integration script? Currently i have it like this:

$idcookiename = '';
$passwordcookiename = '';
// fill in the name of the cookie that holds the member id and password, if possible.

$cookietype = ''; // if user cookie is array, fill in 'array'
$idindex = ''; // index of cookie that gives the id
$passwordindex = ''; // index of cookie that gives the password
$cookieidtype = ''; // if the cookie id is actually a username, put 'name' here

I will try to find out if I have this info for EE.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 13, 2005 - 11:34 PM:

$memberstable should = whatever the actual name of the table is, of course. If that includes a prefix, it includes a prefix.

Being unable to logout is odd since you say your cookie info is all blank, which should mean it's using WSN cookies. But perhaps it's not an integration issue at all and you just have multiple WSN installs along the same path so that the cookies conflict.

When I go to memberlist, should I be able to see the members I have created in EE?

Naturally.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.