Comments on Invisible Members

knipp

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 12
knipp
Invisible Members
Posted Nov 23, 2011 - 2:22 PM:

I note that one of the switches in "Manage Usergroups" is "Can view invisible members". How do you make a member invisible? It would definitely be great for the Administrator.

I am actually going to be upgrading to 6.1.?, but want to sort out a few things first.

Also, if I turn off "Members" in Settings ==> Switches, I assume that existing members would be able to login using a direct link?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Nov 24, 2011 - 4:08 AM:

An invisible member is somebody who has selected in their profile options to not show in the online users list -- or to show only to buddies, if the person viewing is not a buddy. Not sure what kind of invisibility you have in mind but it sounds different.

If you switch off members, all member-related stuff will be hidden and all the dozens of sub-switches under members deactivated and anything that actually works for a member would be accidental and subject to stopping working. If you have members other than the original admin, you want to keep that on. If you don't want to allow new members, go to Admin -> Members -> Settings -> select "disable registration" (or "invite only" if you want to still allow people to invite their friends or yourself to specially invite people).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.