Javascript update instead of page change

Comments on Javascript recips

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Nov 04, 2009 - 8:12 PM:

I've got a member using a "javascript update list" method to switch pages on his links pages, instead of actually going to another url such as links1.php, links2.php, etc.

He's got a reciprocating link back to my directory , on page two of his links page and I'm not quite sure how to get the link checker to see it.

Is there a work around for this, so that this member can be listed as a reciprocating member?

I put the members reciprocating url in the example url above, so that you can see what is taking place.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Nov 05, 2009 - 8:47 PM:

There's no way to read it when the page it's on doesn't have a URL of its own, but is a javascript action like that. Search engines can't see it either so it doesn't help you as much.

You can force it to be considered reciprocated by using the "reciprocated with" field to tell it to check for something that's on the first page -- but of course, that won't be able to tell you if they stop linking to you on the second page.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Nov 05, 2009 - 9:41 PM:

Nope I'm not going to force it. This member sent an inquiry also asking why it wasn't being recognized I pretty much replied the same. The page must have it's own url or the link checker isn’t going to see it.

I basically wanted to confirm I wasnt' overlooking something.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.