Comments on js export & html

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 13, 2010 - 7:40 PM:

I'm using a js export to pull affiliate ads from my wsnlinks install to my wsngallery site. The url to view all the ads on one page (which is what I use to test if the ads are working) is

http:// highaspirations.com/portal/exporter.php?number[1]=100&field[1]=time&ascdesc[1]=descending&type[1]=links&thecondition[1]=type='affiliate'&exporting=1

If you load the url you'll see that most of the ads come up as code instead of actual ads. I've been able to fix some of them by changing the first line of code from <a target="new" to <a target='new' while leaving the rest of code with double quotes. Not sure how or why this works, but it does. Unfortunately, Amazon ads are in iframes and I just can't seem to figure out how to change the code so that it doesn't encode the brackets or quotes.

EDIT - had to add a space after http:// in the code above to get it to show up correctly
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 14, 2010 - 11:57 AM:

Upload the attached file to fix.

Attached Files:
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 14, 2010 - 8:42 PM:

Unfortunately that didn't work. Now I don't get anything at all. When I try to load the link I gave you above I get the toplist code that's in the template.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 15, 2010 - 7:37 PM:

I'm not sure how it is that you get that. Here's what I see using the file (I just changed affiliate to regular since I don't have an affiliate type).

The only way to figure why you don't see it is inspection I guess.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 20, 2010 - 12:20 PM:

I see I gave you the 5.1 version and you need the 5.0 version, plus I was escaping both types of quotes instead of just one. Uploaded the correct file to your site now. Is it ok now?
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 20, 2010 - 2:21 PM:

Looks like that did the trick. Thanks!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.