Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

limit on total clicks count?

Comments on limit on total clicks count?

webustaad
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Oct 16, 2005 - 8:10 PM:

a few months ago I was happy to see that my wsnlinks have registered more than 200,000 click. Today I look at it and I see that I have only 10,104 click to date.

how did this happen? is the number of clicks turning back or is there a limit to the number and after that it starts with zero again?

please help.

thanks,

kashif
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 18, 2005 - 6:18 PM:

I've never seen it reset, and the same setting value is used for total topic views in WSN Forum which is over 4,000,000 on one of my forums. Go to admin panel -> regenerate counters -> regenerate totals and it should recalculate it, anyhow, based on the hits out of each link.
webustaad
Beginner

Posted Oct 19, 2005 - 1:17 AM:

no, it didn't help either. shaking head
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 20, 2005 - 8:30 AM:

Well, that must mean the actual totals for each link are lower or the previous large total had been miscalculated due to some bug in an older version. It's summing them up, but the sum isn't what you think it is.
webustaad
Beginner

Posted Oct 20, 2005 - 10:01 PM:

I just checked and the clicks I have now is 12786. that mean in 3 days I got 2,600 clicks. What I am trying to say is that the previous number of total clicks can not be a mistake.

I am pretty sure that something is stopping it from displaying or calculating the accurate total click.

any help will be appreciated. is there a sql statement to count the number of clicks?

thanks
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.