Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 7
jimmer
Posted Feb 08, 2006 - 6:51 PM:

Warning this is an adult site
http://www.canadiansexlinnks.com/wsnlinks
you will notice that some of the catagories are showing 0 when all the subcatagories are full. Does anyone know how I can fix it?
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Feb 08, 2006 - 8:37 PM:

I too have noticed some count oddities. What it seemed to me was that a link alias is also counted as a link. There is also a relationship with link placement that seems to be a factor.

EG:

A structure of:
Main cat  sub-categories
-------- --------------
PRODUCT - USE1, USE2, USE3, USE4 USE5

I would add all products to PRODUCT so that there was a way to have a huge list. Then I would alias the PRODUCT based on it's uses to the sub-categories. Sort of an easy drill down of the main PRODUCT category.

My links total count would be for instance, with one product in all 5 use subs, would be 6.

In your case, if all the links are being placed in subs then none are listed in the category, right? ..so to see the links it is neccessary to click on the sub-category?

It sounds a little different a situation than my example but it seems the meat of it is still applicable.

You might try adding all the links to the main categories and aliasing them to the subs you want, so that the category count is not zero. The site total count will be, unless something changes in the next revision, more than actual unique links because of the aliasing.

I suggest playing around with a separate installation with one link and a couple categories and sub-categories and experimenting with alias links. A pattern will become apparent quite quickly. I think then you can basically 'fix' what your talking about.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 09, 2006 - 1:36 PM:

Admin Panel -> Regenerate Counters -> Regenerate All
jimmer
Beginner

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 7
jimmer
Posted Feb 09, 2006 - 2:18 PM:

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.