Comments on links become unvalidated

david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 8:06 AM:

Everytime a link is submitted or edited by admin, the link becomes unvalidated. I checked the admin usergroup, settings are fine, no validation is required for the usergroup. Also, the main WSN admin panel tells me that I have a pending validation, but when I click on it, the page shows no links to be validated.

David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 4:20 PM:

Can't reproduce, I need some sort of procedure

Also, the main WSN admin panel tells me that I have a pending validation, but when I click on it, the page shows no links to be validated.

This is known and discussed in another thread.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 4:39 PM:

Checked again in the DB. I have links, which are also aliased into another category. Whenever I edit the link, the alias link in the DB literally gets deleted, and a brand new alias link is created, which is unvalidated... This is a whole new kind of error, that I have never seen. sad

Did this help tracking this down? Should I send you Admin access?
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 3:55 AM:

Ok, so then tell me how I can create debug info for the moment when a link is created/edited, so you can see what's happening.

Thanks
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 4:03 AM:

My sincere apologies. I set to bypass redirects, so I couldn't grab the debug info for a link edit. I attached the debug info, because it is a bit long (this is a real estate site with a ton of property attributes).

You see, it does delete my aliased link and creates a new one...

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 27, 2008 - 5:16 PM:

Fixed. Deletion and recreation is normal and good, problem is it wasn't keeping the validated value.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 28, 2008 - 5:19 PM:

Hi Paul,

No luck in 5.0.9. Still doing the same thing... I was about to launch with 5.0.3, then I upgraded, now I can't revert because of all the other things I changed. sad

Can you look into this issue a little more please, as anything that is aliased, doesn't get automatically validated when I submit the link or edit it.

Thanks
David
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 28, 2008 - 5:21 PM:

Also, curious... Why is a link re-created when aliased??? What if I link (send it's url to a friend) to a link? Since the link's ID now changed (because it was automatically re-created for some reason), I know will have a 404 instead of the link???
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 28, 2008 - 11:25 PM:

I haven't released anything since my last post, and I don't have a time machine. Releases are approximately weekly.

Since the link's ID now changed (because it was automatically re-created for some reason), I know will have a 404 instead of the link???

Hadn't considered that. Will rewrite the whole alias system to something more complicated that can maintain existing ids for already-present alias categories when I get a chance.

Edit: done.
david
Forum Regular

david
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 29, 2008 - 7:47 AM:

I thought I saw something in the changelog regarding this. Never mind. smiling face

Ok, so how can I have a single link appear in 2 categories, in a way that when I edit the link, it's ID doesn't change?
david
Forum Regular

david
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 01, 2008 - 8:20 AM:

Hi Paul,

I posted a reply regarding this:
www.webmastersite.net/forum...id=8442&page=last#lastpost

Thanks
david
Forum Regular

david
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 09, 2008 - 12:59 PM:

Still having issues in 5.0.12

I attached my link edit template (customlinks included).

When I change the alias of a link, it
1. creates a new link in the database
2. doesn't delete the old alias or makes it hidden or anything
3. doesn't show both aliases in the dropdown selector when editing the same link again

All I want, is for a link to properly reflect where it is aliased. If I deselect something on the alias list in the editlink page, that link should not show up in the old aliased category. But it still does, and when I try to edit the link, the alias dropdown (multiselect) has only the latest alias selected which I added to the link.

Am I missing something? What is causing the aliasids[] form field to NOT select all categories in which the link is aliased in?

Thanks
David

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2008 - 11:37 AM:

david wrote:
Ok, so how can I have a single link appear in 2 categories, in a way that when I edit the link, it's ID doesn't change?

It just doesn't. Fully tested. No matter how many times I change aliasing, the ids of the aliases don't change.
david
Forum Regular

david
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2008 - 11:42 AM:

Hi Paul,

I'll try using your template again, that came with 5.0.12, to see if the alias function works on there, or it just doesn't work on my edit link template.
david
Forum Regular

david
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 12, 2008 - 12:16 PM:

Here is the test that still produced the same results:

1. Here is a custom link edit form (copied from 5.0.12 template):

<form name="editform" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/edit.php?action=link&filled=1&id={LINKID}" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="oldcategory" value="{OLDCATID}" />
<input type="hidden" name="helyseg" value="{LINKHELYSEG}" />
<select name="catid">{CATSELECTOR}</select>

<select multiple="multiple" name="aliasids[]" size="5">{ALIASOPTIONS}</select><input type="hidden" name="aliassubmited" value="1" />
<textarea cols="45" rows="5" name="description">{LINKDESCRIPTION}</textarea>

<input type="submit" value="submit" class="button" />
</form>

I edited link #217, which is not alised anywhere. I added it to category 88. It created a new alias link in the DB, with id 223. So far so good.

See debug 1.txt for output after submission of the edit form.

2. I edited the same link 217. The alias was properly selected in the alias multiselect dropdown. I selected ONLY A SINGLE alias category from the alias list now, namely category 41. Category 88 WAS NOT selected in this multiselect dropdown. For testing purposes, I also changed the link's description to 'test2'.

See debug 2.txt for the output after submission of the edit form.

Alias link 223 that was created in the first step, stayed in the DB.
Alias link 224 was now created in the DB for category 41.
All 3 links in the DB had their description changed to 'test2' (this is to prove it touched all 3 links).
THIS IS NOT AN ERROR, I think.

3. I edited the original link 217. Both aliases were properly pre-selected in the form when I loaded the edit template. I now DESELECTED category 41 (which I selected in test 2), so that only category 88 was highlighted in the alias dropdown. For testing purposes, I also changed the link's description to 'test3'.

See debug 3.txt for the output after submission of the edit form.

Alias link 223 that was created in the first step, stayed in the DB.
Alias link 224 that was created in the second step, stayed in the DB.
All 3 links in the DB had their description changed to 'test3' (this is to prove it touched all 3 links).
THE ERROR REMAINED HERE! When I go back to edit the same link 217, it has BOTH aliases pre-selected, even though it should now only have category 88 selected.

Not sure what else you need me to test, but that's as basic as the edit can get I think. Please look into this.

Thanks
David

Attached Files:
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.