Links Directory vs. Business Directory

Comments on Links Directory vs. Business Directory

Abu Mami
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
Posted Jun 29, 2009 - 8:02 AM:

I've read as much as I can on your website (including the forums) about these two products, but still can't quite get a handle on the difference between WSN Links Directory and WSN Business Directory. What are the main differences, and for what purposes are these two scripts intended?

To give you a better idea of what I'm looking for...

I want to set up a directory of resources, businesses, etc. There will be no paid or subscription links. All links will either be created by my admin team, or will be come from subscriber suggestions and will have to approved by the admin team. I would like to be able to customize the listings to contain special fields and information. I want to be able to apply a custome theme. And, it would be nice if I could make my own changes to script code if needed (maybe your scripts are so configurable that I won't need to make code changes?)

There are probably many other "wants" that I could list, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 30, 2009 - 6:55 AM:

Capabilities are the same if you feel like putting in 5 hours work to customize one into the other.

WSN Links is optimized for link trading -- exchanging links with various websites which probably don't have any physical locations associated with them, though they can.

WSN Directory is optimized for directories of stuff that exists in the physical world and has an address.

You can do everything you've described in either script (see scripts.webmastersite.net/w...odifications_guide-77.html for details on extending the source code)

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.