links not showing
{RECIPLINKSBODY} {REGULARLINKSBODY}

Comments on links not showing

Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 1:30 PM:

I just upgraded one of my sites from 4.1.45 or .47 (I forget which) and somehow messed up my templates. I uploaded the previous versions and started modifying them to get them back up to date, but I'm having a problem with the links in the categories not displaying. I'm getting this error:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ice_cream_shops/databases/mysql.php on line 27

Most of the page is displaying, but where the links should be it says
{RECIPLINKSBODY} {REGULARLINKSBODY}. (I'm using [INSERTFILE=linkbit]
to call in the links)

I tried adding &debug=1 to the URL but it didn't give me any additional information (maybe because the category URL is rewritten?)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 2:33 PM:

What's the id number of the category? If you tell me that I can construct a debug URL.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 2:36 PM:

Found it in the submit link : http://www.icecreamnewyork.com/ice_cream_shops/in...

It's not displaying any errors at the non-rewritten url though. It just looks like you don't have recip or regular link types. What link types do you have at Admin -> Settings -> Links?

As for the rewrite error, you'll need to turn on debug in system settings since there's no way to remotely debug when rewriting a necessary part of what's being checked.
Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 3:52 PM:

I have regular,recip as my link types, haven't changed that. Just turned on debug...
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 04, 2008 - 3:05 PM:

The debgug just says it doesn't know that category id when trying to save session date, but gives no clue of why. I'll need FTP and admin access info to step through files to determine anything.

If it worked before some template change, the alternative is to reapply the template changes one by one and see where it happens.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 04, 2008 - 3:12 PM:

One strange thing about your site: http://www.icecreamnewyork.com/ice_cream_shops/se... doesn't load. Perhaps you have a bunch of files like that one chmoded in a way that's forbidden by the server?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 09, 2008 - 3:34 PM:

Note for readers: this was just out of date PHP files, probably from manual update attempts.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.