Comments on Listing where LINK should be ITEM

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 12:00 AM:

Hey Paul,

I'm not sure if you noticed but there are a few places in the templates or in the software itself where "LINK" should be "ITEM" and while I know that, someone jumping into WSNClassifieds cold might not.

I'm going to post the ones I find here to help you chase them down (if that's okay). I can only assume there were thousands of changes in that regard.

Here's my first one:

Toplist generator spits out "links" when you choose items under "What type of item do you want a toplist of?".

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 6:22 AM:

Toplist generator spits out "links" when you choose items under "What type of item do you want a toplist of?".

I'm not sure what you mean. The default selection in that list is "items": http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/21391.jpg . I don't see "links" on the page. Maybe you mean the toplist config line... I don't intend for toplist configs to be edited manually anymore, that leads to too many mistakes.

Let me know about the other spots.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 11:36 AM:

The default selection in that list is "items": http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/21391.jpg . I don't see "links" on the page. Maybe you mean the toplist config line... I don't intend for toplist configs to be edited manually anymore, that leads to too ...

Yes on the page it does say ITEMS, but when the top list is printed out for the user to copy/paste into their site, it says LINKS.

Maybe you mean the toplist config line

Yes that's what I mean not what I say wink
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Sep 19, 2008 - 12:57 PM:

On vote.tpl:

{LINKSTARS}

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 2:18 PM:

On Advanced Search template. (under the Quick Search heading.)

As written:

< select name="whichtype" >
< option value="links">search items</option>
< option value="all">search all</option>
< /select >

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 2:56 PM:

Re-fixed {LINKSTARS}... seems I had it automatically overwriting with the WSN Links template.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 10:39 PM:

Found today: (could be a non issue)

in editmembers.tpl

usergroup field at the bottom is not under an if thismemberisadmin clause and as a test member that is not an admin, I am able to view and possibly edit this field. should I be able to? that seems to me to be a classified admin eyes only field.

<IF {SPONSORUSEUG} is yes>
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">Member Funds:</span><br />This is for usergroup sponsorship.</td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><input type="text" name="funds" size="5" value="{MEMBERFUNDS}" /></td>
</tr>
</IF>

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 29, 2008 - 8:28 PM:

This is what the default template shows: http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/8314.jpg
You can clearly see it's admin-only.

But though you're talking about the usergroup field, you then posted the funds field, so I don't know which you're really meaning. At any rate the funds are inside the area which is only for "can edit full details" usergroups, as it should be.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 3:04 PM:

FYI On import files for both categories and items. Placing n for new line does not function. It works perfectly in WSN Links but in WSN Classifieds I've had to hand edit my flat files with a custom character at the end of every line instead of relying on n to work accurately.

The error I get is that the first item is imported and the first field of the next line is added to the last field of the previous line.

IE

CATID,ITEMTITLE,CATNAME
4,thistitle,thiscatn ame
3,thattitle,thatcatname

becomes

CATID=4
ITEMTITLE= thistitle
CATNAME=thiscatname 3

and then the import stops.

USergroup 2 current settings:

Member Accounts
yes Can edit own
no Can set custom rank title
no Can edit all
yes Can delete own
no Can delete all
sparkalina
Forum Regular

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 3:09 PM:

Paul wrote:
This is what the default template shows: http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/8314.jpg
You can clearly see it's admin-only.

But though you're talking about the usergroup field, you then posted the funds field, so I don't know which you're really meaning. At any rate the funds are inside the area which is only for "can edit full details" usergroups, as it should be.

I'm speaking about the usergroup funds field. As a group member without the permission to do so, I have the ability to see a file field where I should not be able to.

<IF {SPONSORUSEUG} is yes>
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">Member Funds:</span><br />This is for usergroup sponsorship.</td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><input type="text" name="funds" size="5" value="{MEMBERFUNDS}" /></td>
</tr>
</IF>

As usergroup 2 with no permission to make changes to the field above I am able to see it but not make changes (I entered a random amt and it did not save, yet when the page reloads the file field still remains as an editable field. Isn't this field to tell the user how many funds they have in their account?
Paul
developer

Paul
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 01, 2008 - 4:46 AM:

Edit: I see there was a forum backslash posting problem, fixed now.

As for the funds field -- I see it now, the </IF> is above that should be below. Fixed.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 01, 2008 - 9:17 AM:

Paul wrote:
Did the forum somehow change your
to n, or did you actually type n? If you typed n, that's the problem.

Edit: I see there's a backslash posting problem, working on it.

Yep, backslash n functions in the forum.
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 02, 2008 - 4:48 AM:

Fixed importer \n problem.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 02, 2008 - 2:30 PM:

emailsubmitter.tpl

form action="emailsubmitter.php?filled=1&id={LINKID }" method="post"
sparkalina
Forum Regular

#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 02, 2008 - 3:30 PM:

Finding another link versus item issue in admin template.

In slinks.tpl at the top you have:

<input type="text" name="linktypes" size="{STANDARDSIZE}" value="{LINKTYPES}">
<br />Display names: <input type="text" name="lang_linktypes" size="{STANDARDSIZE}" value="">

I have filled out regular,featured yet on my submit item template only "regular" shows up.

On my submit item template (suggestlink.tpl) the fields are:

<IF 0>
<tr>
<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">Type of Item:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><select name="type">{ITEMTYPESELECTOR}</select></td>
</tr>
</IF>

So when editing an item or suggesting an item it's pulling from "itemtype" not linktype. But in my admin, I've clearly entered regular,featured and they show up as entered/saved.

I assume you want either the admin template to say itemtype or the suggest/edit item templates to say linktype? Otherwise there's a miscommunication in the script.

---------------------------
UPDATE: Question...I'm only seeing "regular" as a choice for "type" when submitting a new item as an admin. If I edit a listing, I see "regular or featured" Is that functioning correctly? If so, this post is moot and can be deleted. Shouldn't I as an admin be able to submit a new item and make the type "regular or featured" without having to go to the edit listing to make that happen (I only see the two choices in the edit item template)?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.