fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Jul 30, 2007 - 2:20 PM:

hi paul,

ever since I have been using wsnlinks I've always had this login issue where if some gets to my site with the url test.com and log in they will end up being logged out once the redirect is complete and the domain becomes www.test.com. I fixed this issue by setting up an apache url redirect to send all traffic from test.com to www.test.com but my website load increases a lot with this technique so it is not worth it for me. I am currently on a dedicated server.

What is interesting is that even if i do log in but if i remove the www from www.test.com then i would be logged out again whe nthe domain becomes test.com

My url installation is http://www.test.com

with all the new things in version 4 is there a setting or way I can by pass the login issue I have ?

this morning when trying to login to the board I also experienced the samething. I logged in and after the redirect I was not logged in anymore. I tried many times and just couldn't stay logged on after the redirect.

It seemed like the login issue exist with the forum script as well.

hopefully you can find a solution for this paul.

thanks again,
fuee
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 31, 2007 - 12:26 PM:

At Admin -> Settings -> System, set your cookie domain as .test.com (the leading dot isn't a typo). That should make the cookie available regardless of subdomain.

After doing that clear cookies to be sure you have a clean test.
fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Jul 31, 2007 - 8:01 PM:

You are the BOMB grin
Why didnt you tell me that last year lol

You dont know how many nights i spent trying to figure that out myself but thanks again. The stock market is making me cry recently but this fix is awesome !

Thanks again,
Fuee
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.