Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Membership Sponsorship
Funds not deducting daily after manual edit.

Comments on Membership Sponsorship

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 26, 2009 - 1:20 PM:

I know it's something I'm not doing right because the sponorship area functions well for everyone else.

I have the following settings:

Style of sponsorship: Paid
PayPal Email: paypal address
Deduct the incrimental fee every 1 day (to make it a one time fee, just set this to a large number).
Use different funds for each sponsorship level? yes

--

Member Usergroup Promotion Activate? Yes
Incrimental Fee: $ .17,.33,.41,.55,1.36
Item Number: 2,3,4,5,6
Sponsor Usergroup #: 5,6,7,8,9
Revert to this usergroup # on expiration: 2
Promote all links owned by member to a new link type? no
Require all registrations from non-admins to be sponsored? no

--------------------------------------

Here's my problem. I haven't even tested the above settings as I'm giving away free accounts to the usergroup #6 which is suppose to deduct .33 per day. I manually enter in the funds they would have paid had the account not been free ($119) and then switched their usergroup from 2 to 6.

I checked the db and on the members table under funds, none of the amounts have changed and several of these accounts were created days ago.

Did I set something up wrong? Will I see the deduction working in the db on the members table? Some of these users should be at 118.01 or something around there going by how old their accounts are.

I have not forced any crons to run yet(afraid to mess anything up).

TIA

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 29, 2009 - 4:43 AM:

Tested setting a member to the first group, ran daily cron and found $10 became $9.83. Tried the third group, repeated test and it failed, still $10. It looks like multiple sponsorship usergroups has never worked, but nobody noticed until now. Fixed.

Note you forgot to type reversion groups for the second onward levels of sponsorship. I'll throw in some code to default to reverting to group 2 if no group is specified.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Mar 29, 2009 - 11:46 AM:

Wow. Thanks! glad I could help find something. thank you for figuring that out.

So for reversion group... it should be

Revert to this usergroup # on expiration: 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 etc?
I only have one "2" thinking it would apply across the board.

Maybe a scenario in the kb would help people figure out what's expected of them when filling this stuff out?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 29, 2009 - 11:52 PM:

Added a little reminder to the KB entry.

The whole page needs redoing, asking people to type comma-separated lists isn't very friendly. That'll have to wait for 5.1 though.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Mar 29, 2009 - 11:57 PM:

What about a grid of fields... also messy. I'll ponder that one. Is incorporating a minimalistic OS shopping cart out of the question? There are a ton out there that might link with you. Minimal is the key... some get WAY to complicated for the needs of WSN.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 01, 2009 - 6:15 AM:

My basic plan is to have people add/edit one level of sponsorship at a time on a page much like the submit link page. No more typing in link types or usergroups, it'll just present selectors to choose the desired value from amongst the possibilities. The main sponsorship page would just show a list of the current sponsorship levels with edit buttons, general settings, and the link to add a new level.

Is incorporating a minimalistic OS shopping cart out of the question?

If you know of any with an LGPL/BSD/MIT style license (not GPL) I might be able to look into it someday. It's difficult for me to know what people want there since I've never used shopping carts myself, though. The only use case I can think of is the suggestion someone once had of allowing people to buy full size image access in WSN Gallery, but that'd require a bunch of other work too.

Paypal has a shopping cart, actually, so that'd be the most realistic to incorporate.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Posted Apr 01, 2009 - 12:23 PM:

I don't know of any LGPL/BSD/MIT licensed carts off hand, but I'm always shopping for shopping carts. I'll keep your requirements in mind.

I like the idea of the paypal cart but the basic plan you have laid out might just work sufficiently as it stands.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.