Comments on MySQL connection

wsnl

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 35
wsnl
Posted Jan 08, 2005 - 2:07 PM:

Hi all

Help! Very frustrated user. My WSN links database was working absolutely fine until my ISP got hold of it to move it, then decided not to...and since then the connection to the MySql database has never worked properly :-(

The errors I'm getting, I've been told are due to a wrong path set to the MySql database - though I haven't touched anything - so I think something - either the site or the database has been moved. I've been told what the path should be - but because WSN links can't find the database I can't get into admin to change the path URL (I don't think the URL should just be local host now). Where is the information for the connection to the MySql database stored and which file do I need to mannually change and upload? Alternatively can I run setup.php again and it won't overwrite my database with a blank database if I poin it to where I think it should be?

The error I'm getting at the moment is:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/web/config.php on line 11

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/web/config.php on line 11

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/web/config.php on line 12

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/web/config.php on line 12

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/sites/web/config.php on line 12

WSN Links is unable to render this page. The reason is described below:

Cannot establish a database connection.
MySQL returns the error Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111). (It's possible that the web host's database is currently down, if so this is a temporary error and will go away when the database is accessible again.)
Version info: WSN Links 3.11

If you are not the administrator of this site, please report this error to the administrator.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do, and where the link should be pointing to? I'm pulling my hair out here - because I haven't done anything to make it not work!

Thanks
tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
Posted Jan 08, 2005 - 3:39 PM:

Find a new Host ISP.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 10, 2005 - 9:05 AM:

Well, first ask your ISP if the database info has changed. Check your config.php file to be sure it matches what they say your DB connection info should be. Check through your control panel that the user and database you've specified exist and are associated.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.