0 categories and 0 links showing

Comments on No categories

osirs

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 31
osirs
Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 3:00 AM:

I did an upgrade from 4.0 and somehow my lost my categories and links. If I search links they show up but category is blank. Stats show 0 links in 0 categories and 0 comments by 1 member. I tried to add a category before upgrading and something when wrong before the upgrade. All the categories on my main page stopped showing up.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 7:39 AM:

Look in phpmyadmin. Are there any records in the categories and links tables?

Have you tried regenerating categories?
osirs

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 31
osirs
Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 4:35 PM:

A little strange, there only 6 records in categories looking with phpmyadmin. After regenerating everything I have: 700 links in 0 categories (6 subcategories) and 38 comments. There should be many more categories. I guess the database must have gotten corrupted when I tried to add a new category with an old version of WSN. I suppose I will need to restore a backed-up database?
The only problem is I have not been able to back the database up for a while but, I may change the whole theme of the site anyway.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 17, 2008 - 2:47 PM:

I don't see how a corrupted table could delete rows, but then I haven't had a table corrupt in years.

You could pull just the categories out of your backup, and leave everything else. After importing, be sure to run upgrade.php.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.