Comments on Pagination -- {PAGE} ?

zippo
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Oct 04, 2006 - 10:57 AM:

Back some time ago on the old wsnforum.com forum I asked about creating something like:

first | previous | 1 2 3 | next | last

..or something intuative but short like:

<< < 1 2 3 > >>

Paul had responded about a change that was made to allow this sort of page selection but the message for that topic is gone now.

I looked for more information about the "{PAGE}" variable and tried some toplist pagination variables but I seem to be missing something and don't have the old message for reference anymore..
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 12:44 AM:

Topic #154 would be http://www.wsnforum.com/oldforums/comments.php?id=154 but it's empty.

the N_ prefix that makes it use the format 10-20 20-30 was undocumented, added that to the manual now.

As for your examples there though you can't add next/previous sorts of things... seems like a waste of space to me anyhow since it's much quicker to simply click the number.
zippo
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Oct 06, 2006 - 9:11 AM:

Thanks for the manual add, although a search for 'n_prefix' yields nothing relevant that I can see wink , it does seem to show a glitch in the result page:

Found 1 matching result for "n_prefix":
1 total matching articles

Can't Login to Admin Panel
Description: What to do when you appear to be completely locked out of your directory's admin panel.
Rating: (3.71/5 based on 38 votes and 11221 views)
Category: Troubleshooting

Page: {ARTICLEPREVIOUS} {ARTICLECURRENTPAGE} {ARTICLENEXT}
..on the same note, the 'Other' main category, where the updated pagination article is, isn't showing as [Updated] for some reason.

I fiddled around with this again and, as you already know, it can be pretty close the the same with:

Settings -> General -> Show next and previous [1] pages, plus first and last.

Just shows page numbers instead of << or >> type widgets.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 06, 2006 - 5:55 PM:

I see "updated" next to scripts.webmastersite.net/w...nks/wsnmanual/articles/202

Perhaps using a complicated batch of conditionals in the pagination template would do the trick, not sure if it'd work there.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.