Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

PHP 5 Work for WSN-Links 3.4.3?
PHP 5 Work for WSN-Links 3.4.3?

Comments on PHP 5 Work for WSN-Links 3.4.3?

locatewsn

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 13
Posted Aug 11, 2008 - 2:19 AM:

I am in the process of updating a number of scripts on our site. I need to have the host upgrade to PHP 5; PHP will improve our Gallery2 speed.

Before I do this I need to make sure our current version of WSN Links will work OK with PHP 5. We currently have version 3.4.3 (You're running WSN Links 3.4.3. ) installed with PHP 4.4.8 all works fine.

We do plan to upgrade WSN Links at a later date.

Thanks
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 11, 2008 - 3:03 AM:

You can't install an abacus into your motherboard and expect it to work like a CPU, and you can't run prehistoric software on the web. 3.4.3 has a critical security flaw I've warned you about, so it's much better for all the people who are victimized the hackers you enable if it doesn't run. For the safety of all I don't support it.
locatewsn

Posted Aug 11, 2008 - 9:51 PM:

Hard to argue with that.

Actually upgrading software is what I am the process of; just trying to prioritize so I know what to do first (other scripts too).

Should I look for answers somewhere else? grin
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 12, 2008 - 7:25 PM:

Options:
A) Upgrade now and don't re-customize the templates until later. This should take less time than it took you to ask the questions.
B) Upgrade now and keep the old customized templates, going back to make the proper fully-compatible templates later. Old ones will mostly work.
C) Just disable it for now and do it later.
locatewsn

Posted Aug 17, 2008 - 7:27 PM:

Paul,

I have upgraded from version 3.4.3 to 4.1.62. Obviously the improvements are noticeable; and thanks goes out for pressing the important to upgrade. Most notably is the now automated upgrade notification/ button. I was able to use this feature from 4.1.61 to 4.1.62 with the push of a button - this is what webmasters are looking for in a script - full automation.

Most important now I can request the hosting company to install PHP 5 for further improved speed and efficiency.

Our WSN Link Directory:
http://locateart.com/partner_directory/

I do need some help with turning on "apache mod_rewrite URL rewriting" under Settings> SEO. I had this turned on prior to the upgrade to 4.1.61 - friendly URL's with the category name.
I found the link below on blank screen - looks like to troubleshooting is needed.
scripts.webmastersite.net/w...cles/blank-screen-211.html

Also
scripts.webmastersite.net/w...s-with-mod_rewrite-62.html

If I rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess I get a blank screen on both the admin and user page. I am not able to submit the update on the SEO page in admin to turn on apache mod_rewrite URL rewriting. I think this has something to do with .htaccess - see current contents below;
I do not know what the problem is. I have also attached screen shots of the admin SEO, and System Configuration pages.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /partner_directory/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+[^/])$ $1/ [R]

RewriteRule ^admin/?$ admin/index.php

RewriteRule ^members/([0-9]+).html?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1&page=$1
RewriteRule ^members/([-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-trader.html?$ trader.php?rewritten=1&id=$2
RewriteRule ^members/([-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1&action=profile&id=$2
RewriteRule ^members/?$ memberlist.php?rewritten=1
RewriteRule ^help/?$ help.php?rewritten=1
RewriteRule ^help/([-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+)/?$ help.php?rewritten=1&action=showcat&name=$1
RewriteRule ^help/([-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+)/([-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+)-([0-9]+).html ?$ help.php?rewritten=1&action=showitem&id=$3

RewriteRule ^tags/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ search.php?rewritten=1&filled=1&action=filter&whichtype=link s&tagscondition=like&tagssearch=|$1|

RewriteRule ^thread/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ comments.php?rewritten=1&id=$1&page=$2
RewriteRule ^thread/([0-9]+)/?$ comments.php?rewritten=1&id=$1
RewriteRule ^links/[-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+).html?$ link.php?rewritten=1&action=detail&id=$1

RewriteRule ^lists/?$ albums.php?rewritten=1
RewriteRule ^lists/[-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+)/?$ albums.php?rewritten=1&catname=$1
RewriteRule ^lists/[-_/+A-Za-z0-9]+-([0-9]+)/([0-9]+).html?$ albums.php?rewritten=1&catname=$1&page=$2
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catid=$1
RewriteRul e ^([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catid=$1&page=$2
Re writeRule ^([0-9]+)/sp([0-9]+).htm$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1&subpage=$ 2
RewriteRule ^?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1
RewriteR ule ^?$ index.php?rewritten=1&action=displaycat&catname=$1&page=$2
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

My other need is how to modify/ integrate the WSN links template/ wrapper for use with Wordpress. We now use Wordpress throughout the website and want to keep this same look on our links directory. I could play with the HTML and get it looking close. My preference would be to integrate Wordpress so the link directory template is dynamic and header and side widgets are updated with Wordpress. I need to know if this is possible; if so then what steps do I take? I did find this link that does talks about integrating templates - need more details how to.

Our Wordpress Site:
www.locateart.com/wplocatea...d=6&g2_itemId=14&g2_page=5

scripts.webmastersite.net/w...other-wsn-scripts-426.html

Thanks for the great directory script that ROCKS!

Greg

Attached Files:
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Aug 17, 2008 - 7:38 PM:

Greg -

See if this helps regarding integrating your wp templates - http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page. I think the information you would need is closer to the bottom of the page.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 17, 2008 - 8:29 PM:

I am not able to submit the update on the SEO page in admin to turn on apache mod_rewrite URL rewriting.

That would be a file permissions problem. If you're in Apache mode without suPHP, you need to enter your FTP info at Admin Panel -> Settings -> System Settings toward the bottom so that the script can do needed chmoding for you.

Renaming the file manually shouldn't be expected to work, it's not meant to be done manually, it needs to write the file itself.

Can't say I know much about wordpress.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.