RF

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 19
RF
RSS Feed submission question
Posted Feb 03, 2012 - 3:30 PM:

Hi Paul,

Been looking in the knowledge base and forums, but I cannot find the answer. Sorry if it has been asked before.

Two questions: (as I have set up a few RSS feeds to acquire daily podcasts that expire):

1) I have set links to expire after so many days. Links I add expire properly. However, the links added by RSS feed don't expire. Is there a setting for this?

2) Feed Cache Timeout: set to 120. If remember correctly (as I could not find the post), if there are no visitors to your site the feed may not update every 120min. Will setting a Cpanel cron job once an hour to "ping" the index.php file work?

Thanks - Rich
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 03, 2012 - 4:26 PM:

1) There's currently no setting to make all listings from a feed expire after a specified time. This should be on the feed submission page I suppose, an option "expire feed's listings after ___ days"? I could add that feature for $40.

2) A wget http://yoursite/index.php cron will do the job if the nolocalurls tweak is OFF so that the helper files are being fetched via fopen/curl and not via images. Whether once an hour is enough depends on how many feeds you have. I believe it will process one feed per page load, so your cron should probably be once a minute instead.
RF

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 19
RF
Posted Feb 04, 2012 - 9:05 AM:

Thanks Paul,

I'll make the changes to see if that solves my issue -> "... will process one feed per page load, so your cron should probably be once a minute instead".

May purchase that additional option if I start finding/adding more feeds where links are only valid for a few days.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.