david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 4:11 PM:

Hey Paul,

Can't find info on which template variables are allowed in the rssfeed.tpl . I am looking for a LINKLISTDATE or something for the date of the link. (plus whatever else I can use in the rss feed).

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 10:31 PM:

What you see is what you get with the RSS feed, basically. An {ATOMDATE} template var was added to handle dates in the format required by atom feeds. Does RSS have a date format?

Link variables work within the rsstemplate language item which can be used to create a custom description.

I'll make a little change to apply regular template variables to everything in rssfeed.tpl now that the template exists to make it applicable. Tell me if there are any problems with the attached file.

Attached Files:
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 10:37 PM:

let me give it a whirl. that ATOMDATE variable. that is to be used for the date of the actual feed, right?

PS: check out the bottom right corner on anmlmdirectory.com wink
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 10:45 PM:

While you at it, can you add another function removespecial($str) line?

Something that will fix this:

line 150, column 248: XML parsing error: <unknown>:150:248: not well-formed (invalid token) [help]

... lerated Uni-level", Generation Bonuses & $200 Fast Starts. Join "TEAM M ...

IT IS referring to that dollar sign. smiling face

THx
David
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 10:56 PM:

other than looks good. DIRURL, LINKID passed perfect. smiling face

Much appreciated.

While we are on the subject. I had similar parsing problem that is also related to being an administrator. This is what happened:
- I have added several links, where the title contained ' sign
- when i tried to validate my feeds, they found this as ' . This is fine
- BUT I don't know how, the feed validator took that & sign in front of the #39; and literally turned it into an $amp; -> resulting in $amp;#39; which is invalid

- so i did an mass replace and got rid of that sign completely from all the titles. This was a battle because at some points it searched the database as ' and in some cases as ' .

My question in regards to this, is this: does the fact that I allowed the admin HTML in the usergroup setting, have an affect on these searches/mass replaces in the Advanced functions of the admin panel? Also, what about if I simply open a link's details and edit the link after I turned the HTML on/off for the admin? Does the script searches for this privilege everytime and performs actions based on this, or this only matters when entering information? I mean, if I created a description where the there is a line break (i hit ENTER) while I had HTML off, and then turn HTML on and go back and ALL I did was changed 1 letter in the description, would that automatically get rid of the line break because I am now in HTML mode and I didn't type in a < br >?

(sorry for dragging)

David
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 11:01 PM:

figured out that the ATOMDATE goes for the link smiling face
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 11, 2005 - 3:51 PM:

IT IS referring to that dollar sign

So how exactly is a $ supposed to be referecned in RSS? confused I could just remove them all, but that'd be kind of like removing the letter 'a'.

You have an & right there, so I'd bet your & is the problem. It's probably not getting converted to the html entity.

does the fact that I allowed the admin HTML in the usergroup setting, have an affect on these searches/mass replaces

Is there any reason you think there's a relation? If you're saying you've discovered a relationship then fine, but I'm not sure what that relationship would be.

As for the rest, HTML is a matter of parsing at the time of submission, not at view-time.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 12:33 PM:

Hmm... that ATOMDATE variable in the rss feed give me this when I try to validate it:

line 17, column 26: pubDate must be an RFC-822 date-time (10 occurrences) [help]

<pubDate>2005-08-12T22:42Z</pubDate>

No idea what that means.

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 5:31 PM:

Atom dates are no doubt not correct format for RSS, since they're for atom feeds.
david
Forum Regular

david
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 14, 2005 - 5:41 PM:

:P noted. thx.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.