Can not get Sandbox to work.

Comments on Sandbox

RockinDoubleJ

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 34
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 10:30 AM:

As you can see, the sandbox account shows that the payment was made and I did get the thank you for your payment page as you can also see from the previous upload. What went wrong after that because I have a break down somewhere? This is keeping me from selling listings. I have phone appointments today that I am supposed to sell listings to but since this isn't working I can't!

Attached Files:
RockinDoubleJ

#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 12:01 PM:

Tried every thing again, but still not working. WSN is recognizing the payment has been made (the thank you page I receive after making the payment is what I am going on here) but the payment never makes it to the sponsorship-related transactions and as you can see in Sandbox, it recognizes having made the payment. At this moment, everything is still set to Sandbox if you want to test it. I have folks that I am supposed to talk with today about signing up and right now, as I understand it, the system isn't going to let them do that. I need this fixed asap. The breakdown appears to be that WSN doesn't know what to do with the payment once it is received.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 24, 2011 - 2:22 PM:

RockinDoubleJ wrote:
That is the email address I changed it back to in case one of the people that I have given the web address to actually stumble across the registration and purchase process.

Please note that nobody will be able to purchase until you turn of the paypal sandbox tweak as well, which was still on.

RockinDoubleJ wrote:
Just tried to loggin with my test account to see what page it would take me to and got this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare customattachformappends() (previously declared in /home/jtjones/public_html/glutenfreebeerisnear.com/includes/addeditfuncs.php:8) in /home/jtjones/public_html/glutenfreebeerisnear.com/includes/addeditfuncs.php on line 28

What is that about?

Hm I don't see that error and never knowingly fixed it. Are you still seeing it?

Anyway I just did a sandbox payment on your site using my own sandbox info, and the payment processed and is listed on the review payments page. I can't guess what you were doing different. The usergroup permissions however are set up so submissions aren't allowed.
Paul
developer

Paul
#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 24, 2011 - 2:25 PM:

RockinDoubleJ wrote:
When I hit the back button I was logged in with the test account, went to the Thank You page and then clicked continue, still says that I don't have permission to submit. I will try the process again and let you know in a few minutes.

Yes this is because you or somebody has unchecked the can submit box on the manage usergroups page for the group.
RockinDoubleJ

#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 24, 2011 - 2:26 PM:

I can't imagine what I would have been doing different either. The sandbox was still setup so that we could continue trying to test. I don't have any idea how it could have not worked for me before. WSN said it got the payment but never showed it in the received payment area and I did it three time, my Sandbox account has all three transactions listed.
RockinDoubleJ

#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 24, 2011 - 9:23 PM:

If I allow the free member to have submitting ability, someone will figure out how to get around paying to submit a listing. Once someone is paid they should immediately be moved to a paid member list then have submit ability and not before.

I had turned on review in Sandbox which made every transaction require authorization before finalizing. Do not turn on review in Sandbox! Learn from my mistake. smiling face
Paul
developer

Paul
#22 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 29, 2011 - 2:04 AM:

If I allow the free member to have submitting ability, someone will figure out how to get around paying to submit a listing.

No, they won't, because there isn't any such way if all your listing types are sponsored types. The worst a hacker could do with a manual URL load based on knowledge of WSN is to choose the single-listing pay-after-submission sponsorship instead of pre-paid bulk sponsorship, thus probably getting theirself a worse price.

Once someone is paid they should immediately be moved to a paid member

I see no reason to do this, it just creates massive complications. There's nothing you're doing for which their usergroup should change. You only need one member usergroup.

Shuffling to another group would require writing a mod for that, which I'm obviously not going to do when you've been refusing payment of my previous bill for modifications for more than a month now.
RockinDoubleJ

#23 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 29, 2011 - 10:59 AM:

Wow, I am shocked you would put that in a public forum. I will not do as you have done and bring up your dirty laundry here Paul only to say that there is always two sides to every story but this is really bad taste and unprofessional on your part.

I asked for clarification because someone has already paid through the system and did not pay the correct amount or the right listing type and still was able to list their business and it was published. I do realize that I can require a review on my part of all listings before they are published but that keeps me really busy just reviewing listings, not fixing problems or working with clients, once I launch and have a lot of listings going up. So, once again, it isn't as simple and straight forward as you would lead everyone to believe here.
Paul
developer

Paul
#24 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 31, 2011 - 12:04 AM:

That person purchased a "Top Listing" which is not a type which you have set up as sponsored, and should therefore actually be free.
RockinDoubleJ

#25 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 31, 2011 - 11:24 AM:

The "Top Listing" was set up as a sponsorship type, when this occurred, I deleted the "Top Listing" so it wouldn't happen again. So they will be able to list in the directory with any sponsorship type purchase? With the current paypal button setup, they are not supposed to be able to buy anything except a directory listing and that is what the PayPal button says when you click on it within WSN. For some reason, when "TL" is available in the sponsorship types, that is what is sent to PayPal and shows up for purchase instead of the 1 year listing. Doesn't make any sense to me but I am not following the underlying code that controls that and how it could get confused between the two sponsorship types. So for now, I just can't offer a "Top Listing" until the code is fixed.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.