Sandbox
Can not get Sandbox to work.

Comments on Sandbox

RockinDoubleJ

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 34
Posted Aug 16, 2011 - 2:10 PM:

We have followed all the directions that we found HERE, but it still will not work. In Firefox we keep getting the error that it is an incorrect password, we have tried redoing the password and deleting the personal account and redoing it, nothing has worked. Obviously we are missing something but we can't figure out what. I really need to know what the process is after the purchase and to validate some purchases before I send people there. I need to be able to right instructions so people know what to expect in the process but cannot if I don't know the process. I really appreciate your quick reply. I have people that are planning on using this system later today and I need to use it first. smiling face
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 18, 2011 - 3:05 AM:

Paypal's sandbox is designed to be a bit confusing. Keep in mind that none of the logins/passwords involved in the sandbox are related to any real paypal accounts you may have. Are you logged in to your paypal developer central account while testing -- you have to have it open in a background tab. Have you created vendor and buyer accounts within developer central? Have you then entered your vendor account in the Admin -> Settings -> Sponsorship area? And then purchased using the buyer account?
RockinDoubleJ

Posted Aug 18, 2011 - 10:11 AM:

We have done all the things that you said here, it was all outlined in the original post that we followed, still won't work and depends on the browser what error we get. In FF we get an error that the password is wrong on the developer personal account even though we have tried changing it and even deleting the personal account and setting up a new one. Nothing has fixed the problem. In IE it just tells us that we need to call PayPal support and won't even try anything else. Now, I did have the developer window open in FF so maybe IE didn't recognize it. I'll try opening a developer window in IE before trying IE and see what that gets me, but so far, we have done all that you recommended and it hasn't worked for use. Obviously something is not done correctly somewhere along the way and maybe it is that you have done so much tweaking on our pay system that the button is not converting like normal since we are not normal. shaking head

Thanks for the help! We will keep trying.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 19, 2011 - 12:59 AM:

Well the password is a paypal issue I can't help with. To confirm that the WSN side of it is correct, just make sure that you're being taken to sandbox.paypal.com instead of paypal.com in your browser address bar.

One possibility I can think of is that you haven't verified and funded the fake account. You have to go through the same activation steps as a real account I think, except the funds are fake.

And you have to have the developer central open in the same web browser. Having one in IE and one in FF would not work.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 19, 2011 - 8:50 AM:

I apologize, the www.paypal.com -> www.sandbox.paypal.com transformation was only applied on the three other payment pages, not on the bulk sponsorship one. Fixed in 6.1.9 Beta 3. I remembered having applied it to a new spot a few days ago, but it turns out that was the cart checkout I was doing then, not the bulk sponsorship.
RockinDoubleJ

Posted Aug 19, 2011 - 10:06 AM:

Cool, let me check it out now. I had a feeling that it wasn't converting but thought maybe I had done something wrong. I was thinking that all the changes you made to our payment system might be the issue. I'll certainly let you know the outcome. nod
RockinDoubleJ

Posted Aug 20, 2011 - 11:27 AM:

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/web...MuQc1kg-bt7AStm9lOwbYVNwVS

That is the address that the buy button takes me to on PayPal, from what you have said, it still isn't converting to a sandbox buy button. Also, what are the other 3 payment pages that you mentioned?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 22, 2011 - 1:10 PM:

As mentioned above, I fixed 6.1.9 Beta 3. You were still on 6.1.8 so you didn't have that fix. Just ran the upgrade for you now so you're on the latest 6.1.9 beta.

The three other payment pages are cart checkout, the regular older listing sponsorship system that takes place after submission, and the usergroup sponsorship. Don't think you'll be using those.
RockinDoubleJ

Posted Aug 22, 2011 - 2:49 PM:

Thanks Paul, we will go give it a try now.
RockinDoubleJ

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 22, 2011 - 3:20 PM:

We tried it out and it worked, great. That brings me to more questions. I have attached the two files that I get after coming back from PayPal. The first question is, can I set it so that when done paying at PayPal it automatically brings me back to WSN or is there a reason not to? Once back on the site, I do get the Thank You for your payment page, where do I adjust the verbiage on that page (paypal.php page). When I click continue on that page it sends me to a suggestion.php page that tells me I don't have permission to submit a listing. Is that what it is supposed to do or is there something else that I need to fix/change?

Attached Files:
RockinDoubleJ

#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 22, 2011 - 3:27 PM:

Where do I find cart checkout and is that what I would use to charge for advertising? I believe you worked on that with my first programmer. Someone has to buy a listing before they can buy advertising; where would they buy advertising and how do I set that up appropriately?
RockinDoubleJ

#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 3:15 AM:

I am guessing that the system did not recognize the sandbox payment right away, which is a problem. It apparently did recognize it at some point and this is what I got, attached. The problem here is that the person is choosing how many listings they are buying and pays for those listings prior to coming to this page. There should not be any listing packages to choose from on this page! As previously discussed, no one can buy any advertising until after they buy a directory listing.

I would like to have an advertising purchase page for all the ad options but not on this page.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 9:36 AM:

It's instant unless it's an e-check payment. That page looks like it didn't process though, because when it processes the submission page replaces the type selector area with a notice saying that the purchased type is selected. Checked your review payments page to confirm, no payment was processed.

You're sure that the email you have entered at Admin -> Revenue -> Sponsorship is the fake-email of a vendor account within your sandbox? Because at least for me the sandbox accounts always generate with an underscore and a random string in the fake email address, whereas what you've entered is a regular email, which I wouldn't expect it to generate. When that email is correct it should say "[your name]'s Test Store" on the paypal payment page, also.
RockinDoubleJ

#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 10:03 AM:

That is the email address I changed it back to in case one of the people that I have given the web address to actually stumble across the registration and purchase process. Yes I used a sandbox email address. If you read the second email you will see that it did indeed sent me to a registration page but I was logged in as an admin at that point. Just tried to loggin with my test account to see what page it would take me to and got this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare customattachformappends() (previously declared in /home/jtjones/public_html/glutenfreebeerisnear.com/includes/addeditfuncs.php:8) in /home/jtjones/public_html/glutenfreebeerisnear.com/includes/addeditfuncs.php on line 28

What is that about?

RockinDoubleJ

#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 23, 2011 - 10:05 AM:

When I hit the back button I was logged in with the test account, went to the Thank You page and then clicked continue, still says that I don't have permission to submit. I will try the process again and let you know in a few minutes.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.