webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Search with check boxes broken
Posted Apr 07, 2012 - 7:15 PM:

Hi,

Having recently got search with a multiple check box working, it has stopped working after one of the recent updates.

If you tick a check box in a search, no results are found, even if they exactly match listings.

Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 08, 2012 - 1:16 AM:

I made a new install and went to Admin -> Customizations -> Add Fields. Entered the field label 'testing', selected checkbox(es), entered one,two,three as the options. Submitted a new listing with one and three checked. Went to the advanced search page, checked the three box, didn't put anything in any other field. Got an error message and no results when I clicked search. Fixed it so the search returns the expected result in all tested scenarios, fixed release will be out shortly.

Note that the default code generated makes checkbox searches 'like' searches, and this is vague. I'm having that act as an 'or' search, meaning if any of the boxes you check in the search is checked on the listing then the listing will match. To make the listing only match if all of the boxes checked in the search are checked in the listing, change the search condition to 'and' in the template.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.