Getting an error when searching user comments

Comments on Searching on comments

arianadaner
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 6
Posted Apr 28, 2006 - 10:32 PM:

In the "member" box on the left of the view thread or comments when one is logged in as a member the number of links and number of comments by that user is a hyper link showing how many links or comments that user has contributed..

When I click on those hyperlinks in my new install I get a My SQL error. I thought maybe I messed something up, but when I try the same thing on your demo version it says no results can be found (minus the sql error) even though its showing a value for comments and for links. Are these problems related?

Please forgive me if I've not given enough or proper info, I'm just trying to learn the ropes here and there's a lot to absorb!

I've attached the results of the debugging in a txt doc..

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 29, 2006 - 8:46 PM:

Confirmed that something appears to be wrong there. A bit odd since it works on these forums (left of your post for example) where the search url looks the same. Will figure it out in the next few days.
arianadaner
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 6
Posted Apr 29, 2006 - 8:55 PM:

Yes it does appear to be working fine in the forums. Seems that in the WSNLinks its just translating the variable memberID into the actual ID number (I can see that when I scroll over the broken hyperlink that no member ID shows like it does in this forum or on the view member profile page).

I just wanted to add that its also not showing the correct # of links that have been submitted by that user. I have one user that has sumbmitted 2 links but it shows 0 in the view comment template (shows correctly in the view member profile page). I'm sure the problems are related, but just wanted to mention in incase.

Thank you,
Ariana
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 01, 2006 - 1:03 PM:

Fixed for 3.3.16. It was being caused by a change made around 3.3.14 or so.

I'm not able to duplicate any issue of an incorrect count. The demo looks right, as does my local install.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.