seeing and editing members

Comments on seeing and editing members

Kent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 11
Kent
Posted Jul 15, 2008 - 3:02 PM:

It might sound basic but how can I see members list..and edit it if needed?..maybe I changed something I should not have...I know a long time ago I wanted to not let members see the member list.

I see a member list link at bottom inside right frame within admin panel, but after clicking it and inserting my login info, a mesg says "You do not have permission to view this section of the site. Either you are not registered, not logged in, or the administrator chosen not to give you access to this page." ....however I am logged in as admin.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 15, 2008 - 3:26 PM:

Either you've inserted template code to prevent admins from viewing that template or you have members switched off.
Kent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 11
Kent
Posted Jul 15, 2008 - 3:53 PM:

Okay thanks..you helped me

I see now that Isomehow have this code near the top "<!-- RESTRICT TO GROUPS 3 --> "

what is "GROUPS 3" ?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 16, 2008 - 2:45 PM:

That code should prevent any group other than #3 from viewing it. Administrators are #3 by default though so you should be able to see it when logged in as one. Testing... I see that's not working, it works when multiple groups are specified like <!-- RESTRICT TO GROUPS 3,4 --> but not with only one group. Will fix.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.