SEO rewrite

Comments on SEO rewrite

mrkarron
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 97
Posted Apr 17, 2009 - 4:57 PM:

As of this update, catagory titles with two words, example 'My Cat' are rewritten as the catagory number instead of a '-' inserted between the words. Proir example: mydomain.com/my-cat.html/ now its rewritten as mydomain.com/113.html/

Format for category rewriting: {CATREWRITEPATH}-{PAGE}.html

Replace spaces with - (must be unique)

Using guest cache
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 17, 2009 - 11:49 PM:

I see totally different results than you describe with that scheme: http://sandbox.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks50/

As you can see there, it's numeric for categories with special characters but uses the name for categories without special characters. And no trailing slashes in any situation. All of this is as it should be.

Since you say you're using the guest cache, are you sure you're looking at the actual pages and not the cache? View as a members or empty the cache.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 18, 2009 - 3:32 AM:

Discovered that the numericizing occurs only when the category name contains a space. Fixed in quick re-release of 5.0.45, and also as 5.0.46 beta 1 for the sake of anyone who upgraded to 5.0.45 during the hours before the time of this post.
mrkarron
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 97
Posted Apr 18, 2009 - 9:15 AM:

Thank you..
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.