Comments on Server move

wsnl

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 35
wsnl
Posted Dec 22, 2004 - 4:50 AM:

Hi

My webspace provider has just put my website on to a new server, everything was working fine - but after the move I'm now getting the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /var/www/html/config.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Access denied for user: '@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /var/www/html/config.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/html/config.php on line 12

WSN Links is unable to render this page. The reason is described below:

Cannot establish a database connection.
MySQL returns the error Access denied for user: '@localhost' (Using password: NO). (It's possible that the web host's database is currently down, if so this is a temporary error and will go away when the database is accessible again.)

It appears that the system now can't log on to the MySql database...where do I need to change the settings in order for the database to be seen again (currently, I can't get to the admin screen on-line, because I get the same error so I might need to make the initial changes manually in config.php) - thankyou for your help :-)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 23, 2004 - 1:44 AM:

If your mysql connection info has changed, you need to edit your config.php file to update it to the new correct info.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.