david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Oct 09, 2005 - 10:48 AM:

Hello,

A migration of our site took place a couple of days ago, and the paths have changed on the server, so now I get this, when trying to pull up the index.php

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/themlmsoftware.com/public_html/docs/classes/language.php on line 45

The content of those rows is:

$parts = explode(', DIVIDER, ', $group);
$name = $parts[0];
$value = $parts[1];
$this->$name = $value;
if ($this->internalnamelist == '') $this->internalnamelist = $name;
else $this->internalnamelist .= ','. $name;

Where can I change the internal paths, so that it points to /home/users/themlmsoftware.com/...... ?

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 09, 2005 - 8:15 PM:

That has nothing to do with paths, it means you're on PHP 5.05: www.webmastersite.net/forum...orums/comments.php?id=5563

The current version runs okay for me locally with 5.0.5 but there are likely to be little hidden things coming up with it for quite some time.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Oct 13, 2005 - 3:43 AM:

Hey Paul,

Hmm... I completed the re-migration to a server that is running PHP 4.3.10-2.4 and still the same.

David
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Oct 13, 2005 - 4:28 AM:

I just don't get it. I searched all the files and the database and cannot find any reference to /home/themlmsoftware.com/public_html/docs/classes/

yet, that's where it's looking. How can I change this path?

THanks
David
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 13, 2005 - 6:56 AM:

That's a PHP error, the path is the file which PHP is running, it is not generated by WSN. PHP necessarily knows the path of the file its running so you don't want change that, can't do so and the idea of changing it makes no logical sense. It is absolutely logically impossible for the path it reports there to not exist, since that's the path of the file giving you the message -- it wouldn't be able to get to the point of the error message if there hadn't been a file there running to generate the error (it would have a message about it was unable to include said file instead).

"cannot access empty property" is a message which PHP started producing in 5.0.5 for many scripts, including WSN Links, as a result of their "fix" of a memory leak problem.

I don't see how you could possibly get "cannot access empty property" from PHP 4.3.10, since I've used PHP 4.3.10 myself and I know that it allows empty properties. Neither could you get that message from WSN Links 3.2.7 since it no longer attempts to access an empty property there.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Oct 14, 2005 - 8:45 AM:

Hey Paul,

Get this. I have 2 installations of the WSNLinks on the same server now. One works, the other one still produces this error. I am running PHP 4.3.10-2.4 yet it still generates the above error.

http://www.anmlmdirectory.com works fine
http://www.themlmsoftware.com/docs/ doesn't

How could this be possible?

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 15, 2005 - 11:24 PM:

The fact of the matter is that neither of them shows an error in my browser on any page I can find.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.