Comments on Sign Up Screen Not Working

Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Aug 11, 2006 - 1:42 AM:

Hi,

I had my site heavily customised but I have only just noticed a problem when using IE to use the site. If you go to www.freewebbargains.com and try registering you get stuck when you enter something in the email box, I cannot move out of that box once I have started to or entered an email address. But the problem does not occur in Firefox.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks
Jon
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 11, 2006 - 1:26 PM:

Hi,

I have just installed IE 7 and it doesnt seem to have a problem there, but it would be great if one person could just sign up through IE 6 the whole way and let me know if you have any problems.

Just PM your email address you signed up with and I will remove you from the site, I just need to know it is working smiling face

Thanks
Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 11, 2006 - 2:13 PM:

The page source says
<input type="text" onchange="mail=this.value;return loadIframe('ifrm', this.href)" NAME="email" size="30" ></td>
. Something to do with an iframe I gather, no idea why you're doing that. It doesn't cause any problem for Opera though, no idea about IE.
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 11, 2006 - 4:40 PM:

Hi Paul,

Yeah, I had the site customised I dont really know much about programming, their is an iframe on the site when someone wants to sign up to the newstter, they put a tick in the box and it opens the signup page in an iframe.

Thanks
Jon
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 8:31 AM:

Jonj1611 wrote:
but it would be great if one person could just sign up through IE 6 the whole way and let me know if you have any problems.

Jon, just tried to sign up and it wouldn't let me. Once you type in your email addy you can't leave that field. However, I could check the newsletter box, but if I then tried to go anywhere else it wouldn't let me. I can't even use the scroll bar.

So I tried completing all other fields and email last. It allowed that but when I clicked Register it came up with name already registered. I tried another user name but same message, don't think the two I used would be used already.

Jill

EDIT: Have received confirmation that account has been opened, username alicante
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 8:38 AM:

Hi,

Hmm, worst parts of my suspicions are coming true sad Many thanks for trying I will delete your account now smiling face

Thanks
Jon
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 8:43 AM:

Hi,

As for the you have already registered thing, god knows, dont know how to turn that off, I even turned off the you have already registered cookie but it still does it.

Thanks
Jon
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 8:58 AM:

Hi,

Here is the code section for the email and you can see the iframe their, not entirely sure what it does though. :-

<tr>

<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">E-mail:</span><br><IF {REGISTRATION} is email>Needed to activate your account.<ELSE>Needed if you lose your password.</IF></td>

<td class="optionscolumn">
<input type="text" onchange="mail=this.value;return loadIframe('ifrm', this.href)" NAME="email" size="{STANDARDSIZE}" ></td>

</tr>

Is it needed?

Thanks
Jon
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Posted Aug 12, 2006 - 9:39 AM:

Well I removed it and after that you could enter your details but it wouldn't remember anything or let you into the member area.

This is a nightmare, all I need is to get the email box working and remove the part that asks if you want to sign up to the newsletter(as I have that on the next screen). But everytime I change something the screen either doesn't show at all or is completely broken.

Thanks
Jon
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 14, 2006 - 1:43 AM:

Got it working now, had to get a coder to work on it though smiling face Only took them 5 mins smiling face

Thanks
Jon
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.