Social Bookmarking Type Function
Easy addition of links to directory

Comments on Social Bookmarking Type Function

z fisher

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 23
Posted Jan 08, 2007 - 9:42 AM:

A registered user of my site visits a website that he thinks should be in the directory. He clicks on a button on his ff/ie toolbar, he is authenticated/signs in and a form opens up prepopulated with the URL and the categories of my site. He enters some brief info, perhaps keywords/tags and then hits submit. It enter a link into the submit queue per his groups permissions.

I was thinking about something like the Furl button that I use.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 09, 2007 - 12:59 AM:

If I understand, allowing url parameters to pre-populate the suggest link form is the only thing this would require.
Damir
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 46
Total Comments: 136
Damir
Posted Jan 09, 2007 - 1:02 AM:

Yes this would be a great idea like a digg thing. People put a little code on there site with the little icon and they submit them to the directory like the furl or digg Social Bookmarking. I have a tutorial directory site and if tutorial writers would put my button like digg or furl on there site and members would click on it that would be a great idea like a furl thing or digg a new way to make link rating on the website.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 09, 2007 - 2:52 AM:

For 4.0.10 you can use, for example, {DIRURL}/suggest.php?action=addlink&url=hkjhkjhk&title=dsfdsf
z fisher

Posted Jan 09, 2007 - 6:39 AM:

What would be great is to have a button like furl uses (similar to Digg, del.icio.us etc) that I could post on my site a tool that visitors could install that would create a browser button.

Here are furl's toolbars
http://www.furl.net/tools.jsp

A mock-up of what I'm envisioning for the button is below (for my Troutlinks site)

It would link to either a pop-up (which seems to be easier/less intrusive from a users perspective) or directly to the registration page (which may be easier from a coding perspective, but then I'm a finance guy, so what do I know wink) so that the link could be added to the directory.

tormenta
Beginner

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 8
Posted Jan 19, 2007 - 12:26 PM:

This is interesting but what I would like to add to my site is the ability to add digg/furl/de.lico.us buttons to my WSNLinks listings so that if a visitor sees something that they want to add easily to their bookmark account, they could do so with a click. Most CMS programs have a module or extension that can do this.
z fisher

Posted Jan 19, 2007 - 1:04 PM:

That would be a great idea too!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.