Comments on Some listings wont allow editing

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 10:10 AM:

This is strange problem...

Some of my listings just wont edit. I change information in the listing, save, and nothing has changed, I then edit again and sure enough, in the edit form my changes are not there, I try again and the same happens.

Most listings will edit, its just a few that wont.

Other listings will edit, but I can't upload images to them, the same happens, I add images, save, and everything seems normal, but n viewing the listing, the images are there.

Again, most listing will allow me to upload images, just a few wont.

This listing for instance, allows me to add images, but not edit any of the text fields.
eeyipes

Total Topics: 9
Total Comments: 20
eeyipes
Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 12:34 PM:

I'm working on a new install/upgrade and can't add or edit categories except through the bulk editor. Haven't tested yet to see why.

Were changes made to the editing files with today's security update? I haven't touched them otherwise. To clarify ... I get blank content when trying to edit (wrapper displays, nothing else, and no missing template warnings) ... on site or thru the admin panel.

I did import category data from my old 4 series database to the new 5 series ... is there something there that could be messing me up?

Clicking to edit a new category created thru the bulk editor (not one of my imported categories) still leads to a no-content page.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 2:06 PM:

eeyipes, that is not related to my problem I don't think, so maybe you would be better to create a new thread.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 2:39 PM:

A little more on this..

When I edit the listing, Party Nights Creations, the listing remains unchanged, however the links alias listings change.

This and This are the same listing in two different categories, see how the descriptions are different (one has a link at the end, on doesnt). This should obviously not happen.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 21, 2010 - 10:30 PM:

I've confirmed that editing a secondary category version is failing to update the primary category version. Fixed in 6.0.2 beta 1. Is that the only editing problem you have, or was the first post issue separate?
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 2:23 AM:

On some listings, not all, even the primary category version will not edit.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 6:39 AM:

What it seems to be, is if you edit the primary category version, it fails to change anything on the primary version, but it does change the secondary versions. Only if the link has secondary versions, if a link has no alias categories it works fine.

So even if you edit the primary version, only the secondary versions change.

This is still true of 6.0.2 Beta 1
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 8:48 AM:

Actually, correction, I dont seem to be able to upgrade to 6.0.2 Beta 1, It says upgrade complete, but then says I am still on 6.0.1 and that 6.0.2 Beta is still available (unstable).
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 12:32 PM:

Further update... I finally managed to upgrade to 6.0.2 Beta 1, but the problem as mentioned in post #7 in this thread, still remains.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 23, 2010 - 11:08 AM:

It's possible that having edited a listing while the problem was ongoing caused the original to think it's an alias of its own alias. The only way I can think of to fix that is to run this query at Admin -> Miscellaneous -> Advanced:

UPDATE {PREFIX}links SET alias=0 WHERE id=x;

Replace x with the id number of the original link.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.