I need to edit my templates to display link types in a certain order

Comments on sort link types

DusX

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 24
DusX
Posted Aug 13, 2010 - 6:02 PM:

I need to edit my templates to display link types in a certain order.

I need sponsor first, Recip next, and regular last.

Since upgrading from version 4 it seems like my types are not setup correctly any more, so I also need to be pointed to more information on this (eg how the Type Manager works)

I have seen the link in the top of the Type Manager say ing that the template must be edited, but which one and how.

also if I add the words SPONSOR, RECIP and REGULAR to the code for each of these respectively in the Type Manager, and then view a category many links that are regular are showing as sponsor, so how the system is recognizing my sponsors seems to not be working, since I have only one REAL sponsor with a dolor value associated to the account, and have a 'listing type sponsorship' set up to use $2.5 per week (upgrade to sponsor, revert to original)

this must be a common task, so I expect there must be clear instructions, but I could find them.

Please help.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 15, 2010 - 1:37 AM:

Go to Admin Panel -> Settings -> Type Manager -> "Mix link types?" and set that to "no". Once you do that, they'll order the way they are in the templates.

The "show links in category" and "search links" (and possibly "search all") templates are the ones you need to look at. The default "show links in category" has this for example:
<IF {SHOWRECIP}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN RECIP LINKS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END RECIP LINKS -->
</table>
</IF>

<IF {SHOWREGULAR}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN REGULAR LINKS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END REGULAR LINKS -->
</table>
</IF>

So to put regular before reciprocal you'd move it up to be

<IF {SHOWREGULAR}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN REGULAR LINKS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END REGULAR LINKS -->
</table>
</IF>

<IF {SHOWRECIP}>
<table {STANDARDTABLE}>
<!-- BEGIN RECIP LINKS -->
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END RECIP LINKS -->
</table>
</IF>

If sponsor listings aren't ordering according to the template, that probably means you've set Admin Panel -> Settings -> Sponsorship -> "Separate sponsored links from other types and don't count towards per page total?" to "yes". Set to "no" and it'll behave like the other types.

also if I add the words SPONSOR, RECIP and REGULAR to the code for each of these respectively in the Type Manager

I can't guess what you're doing there. What exactly are you typing in the type manager?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.