Comments on Spam Problems

Jenny
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 199
Jenny
Posted May 10, 2005 - 1:48 AM:

I'm running two directories with WSN Links, and one of them has been the target of spammers for quite some time now. As I require validation of everything, they never actually made into the listing, but it's very annoying nevertheless.

But while I could handle the attempts to get some fake sites listed - I banned most of the domains they used, there were only a few sites each time, and they were easily to spot, as were the member accounts - when I logged in this morning I found 30 fake comments, and they were LONG. Each of them packed with URLs to some poker games and medication and what not. I already know this kind of spamming from my blog comments mad

I guess there's no way to stop them submitting things, but is there a way to restrict the length of comments, like we can limit the characters in the description? I couldn't find anything like that.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 10, 2005 - 7:21 PM:

You have the security image turned on, right? Odd that they'd make it through that (or is it a member submitting, not just a random spambot?)

Comment length limits were added for WSN Forum, so they'll be in Links 3.20 (which should be ready for an english-only beta soon, though the multilingual version looks like it could take me a while).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.