milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 27
Total Comments: 121
Posted Dec 17, 2010 - 1:04 PM:

Hello everyone

I translated the whole script in French and all works fine except:

- Special characters are not displayed in the meta tags and apparently not saved correctly in the database, such as "leveurs, srieux" instead of "éleveurs, sérieux"
- RSS feeds encoded with <? xml version =" 1.0 "encoding =" ISO-8859-1 "?> does not appear normally, such as "Pour�les personnes�d�sirant me contacter par t�l�phone ou par internet" instead of "Pour les personnes désirant me contacter par téléphone ou par internet"

What is the solution to solve these problems, because I want everything appears normal.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards.
Francis
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 5:51 AM:

That is the problem of RSS is resolved, I suggested to members to write accents in HTML entity.

Just stay the problem tags.

Francis
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:39 AM:

The feeds really need to be encoded utf-8, because the database is utf-8. The language file also needs to use utf-8.

Confirmed that accented characters are breaking the default meta tags box, this will be fixed in the next release.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 6:57 AM:

Turns out the problem I was having with the default meta tags box was because I was running an english-only version, and english-only versions don't set the character set for the page, resulting in sending a latin1 character to the mysql server which chops off the record there because it isn't valid for a utf8 field. Assuming you're running a multilingual copy, your problem is most likely that you have a non-utf8 character set specified in the language file.

It's theoretically possible to convert the whole database to latin1 to match, but makes much more practical sense to use utf-8 everywhere.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 8:42 AM:

Hello Paul and thank you for your reply.

I solved the problem of accents in the meta tags by putting this line as comment //$this->name = preg_replace('/[^a-z0-9 '. tweakvalue('keepchars') .']/i', '', $this->name); in file tag.php.

For the rest, everything seems to work very well.

Now I translated the script of the Forum in French.

Bests Regards,
Francis
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 12:10 PM:

That's not meta tags, that's listing tags. The correct way to use non-english characters in listing tags is to go to Admin Panel -> Miscellaneous -> Tweaks Editor and type all the characters you want to allow in the "keepchars" box.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Dec 20, 2010 - 2:00 PM:

Thank you Paul

Tweaks.php file exists.

It does not work with keepchars, one per line, separated by a comma or one behind the other, so I leave this line commented out because it works.

Regards.

Francis
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.