Comments on State field problem when submitting item

MannyM
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
MannyM
Posted Jul 21, 2008 - 12:15 AM:

I am in the Philippines, and most of my future site guests and members will also be coming from the Philippines and other countries. I tried submitting a new ad (item, as you refer to it), and it would not let me unless I choose a U.S. state. I want to require that States/Provinces be chosen during item submission, since this will of course be very important site visitors/members perform searches. So how does one from the Philippines, or any country other than the U.S., submit an item?

Also, how does one from any country other than the U.S. stipulate the correct currency of the item price?

My 30-day period is running out fast, and I still have to be able to try to submit a single item. It is almost impossible to fully test out the script in just 30 days.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 21, 2008 - 5:33 AM:

In the 'sugest item' and 'edit item' templates, change
  <div id="americanstate"><select name="state">{ITEMSTATEOPS}</select></div>
<div id="foreignstate" style="display: none;"><input type="text" name="foreignstate" size="{STANDARDSIZE}" value="{ITEMSTATE}" /></div>
to

<div id="foreignstate"><input type="text" name="foreignstate" size="{STANDARDSIZE}" value="{ITEMSTATE}" /></div>
and
{ITEMCOUNTRYOPS}
to
{ITEMCOUNTRYOPS[Philippines]}

That should make Philippines the default country option and leave an input box for the state. You can type up a selector if you want but that'll restrict it to just the Philippines if you do that.

As for currency, it doesn't matter what currency is used so it's just a matter of what symbol is displayed. Go to Admin -> Customizations -> Language and search for items containing $, and change general_currency there to your country's currency symbol.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.