Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Static settings for subcategories?
Looking for some help

Comments on Static settings for subcategories?

hostitpl
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
Posted Sep 22, 2009 - 12:41 PM:

I'd like to make it so I don't have to enter in manual settings every time I make a new subcategory.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 23, 2009 - 2:23 AM:

Please describe what "enter in manual settings" means and what kind of settings you want for new subcategories.

Maybe scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ion_of_categories-175.html is what you're looking for?
hostitpl
Beginner

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 3
Posted Sep 23, 2009 - 5:59 AM:

Every time I make a subcategory, if I scroll to the bottom all the options are checked as default, which means I have to go and change all the settings for every subcategory that make. Is there a way to set the script up so I don't have to change the settings every time I make if subcategory?.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 24, 2009 - 5:41 PM:

Do you mean usergroup permissions? If all categories have the same permissions, you shouldn't edit any category usergroup permissions -- you should set the usergroup permissions in the admin panel usergroup permissions. If you're just changing permissions below a parent category, this automatically inherits to subcategories if you have Admin -> Settings -> Categories -> "Should subcategories inherit permissions from their parents?" on so you shouldn't be re-changing and should simply leave the subcategories with the defaults.
pushomikuor
Beginner

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 1
Posted Jul 10, 2010 - 8:46 AM:

"If you're just changing permissions below a parent category, this automatically inherits to subcategories if you have Admin -> Settings -> Categories -> "Should subcategories inherit permissions from their parents?" on so you shouldn't be re-changing and should simply leave the subcategories with the defaults. "

Thanks for that info. It helped me a lot smiling face

Purushyottam Ghoshronald Cruzag

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.