Stupid Questions - Membership Sponsorshi

Comments on Stupid Questions - Membership Sponsorshi

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Dec 02, 2008 - 9:35 PM:

If a member's account expires, do their listings go into hiding?

Basically I have let's say 3 membership groups.

membergroup a gets 1 item listing
membergroup b gets 2 item listings
membergroup c gets 3 item listings

A member from group B's funds has run out after one year and they can't login unless the pay to renew their membership.

What happens to the items they own in the classifieds. Do they become hidden from directory view?

If not, is that a custom job to ask for?

Because using the item's expiration to make them expire is tedious and because in my case it's never the item that expires, it's the membership.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 03, 2008 - 5:35 AM:

If a member's account expires, do their listings go into hiding?

No.

A member from group B's funds has run out after one year and they can't login unless the pay to renew their membership.

What happens to the items they own in the classifieds. Do they become hidden from directory view?

Nothing happens to their listings. (Unless they were promoted to a new type using the sponsorship page option, in which case they're demoted back to the old type. But that's not the scenario you're discussing here.)

If not, is that a custom job to ask for?

When their group membership expires, all (not just some) of their listings should be hidden? And if they re-sponsor their account, those listings should un-hide? I should be able to add an option for that in 1-3 hours ($50-$150).

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Dec 03, 2008 - 9:32 AM:

"When their group membership expires, all (not just some) of their listings should be hidden? And if they re-sponsor their account, those listings should un-hide? I should be able to add an option for that in 1-3 hours ($50-$150). "

Exactly, that's what he wants. Right now they expire after a year using the default setting, but that's not exacting enough.

Thanks Paul, I'll bring that option to my client.

second question.... using what's already there, wouldn't it be possible to create a link type such that it's not shown in the template.

IE link types regular, featured, shown

when they create a membership all of their listings are promoted to "shown" and in my templates only shown and featured link types are visible. When their membership expires their links revert to "regular" which for lack of html programming do not come up in any of the results of any page. Isn't that the same thing?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 05, 2008 - 12:10 AM:

You'd want to create a link type that's in the template, but has no content except a space. Not being there will (I think) cause it to default to a different type. I suppose that could work like deleting, except for the category totals being off.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.