http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 7:17 AM:

I see no reason to waste time implementing another flash player when we already have one, so it'd have to be a custom project. Estimate 6 hours.
tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 9:42 AM:

Paul wrote:
I see no reason to waste time implementing another flash player when we already have one, so it'd have to be a custom project. Estimate 6 hours.

Well that player is a little more "sophisticated" and further has some support. It also includes the ability to embed their ad program. Further, the player you include:
scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ert_videos_to_flv-373.html

This link on the page above: backstage.lovelysystems.co...video-player/releases/0.1/
Goes to some protect area.

Appears to have no support. Can't find it on their main page. Appears to be abandon. So IMHO I find it quite useless without some further documentation.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 11:17 AM:

You've got the source code if you want to mess with it or hire someone to mess with it, but 99.999% of people won't want to mess with it.

On further check, the JW player could never be in WSN Links (except as a you-only custom project) because it costs €30 per domain to include it in a commercial CMS. If I thought it was worth charging everyone an extra €30 even though 95% of users wouldn't use it (which I obviously don't think), it would still make it impossible to offer the free trial without going bankrupt.

Of course, you could install it yourself and it's possible it would work without issue.
tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 11:53 AM:

Paul wrote:
You've got the source code if you want to mess with it or hire someone to mess with it, but 99.999% of people won't want to mess with it.

On further check, the JW player could never be in WSN Links (except as a you-only custom project) because it costs €30 per domain to include it in a commercial CMS. If I thought it was worth charging everyone an extra €30 even though 95% of users wouldn't use it (which I obviously don't think), it would still make it impossible to offer the free trial without going bankrupt.

Of course, you could install it yourself and it's possible it would work without issue.

Are you talking about the source code to the lovelysystems flashplayer? I don't see it anywhere.

Well I'll try install JWplayer see how it goes. BTW, where are the functions or code to convert the video? Does it assume the server paths to:

You have a switch in your switches to convert to FLV (it handles mov wmv avi mjpeg mpeg ogg), but you need to install some software on your server first:
1) lame
2) ffmpeg

Or does it search for them?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 23, 2009 - 3:51 PM:

tradenet wrote:
Are you talking about the source code to the lovelysystems flashplayer? I don't see it anywhere.

Yes... now that I think about it the source location is less than obvious, it's only mentioned in filelicenses.txt: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...nlinks/videoplayer.tar.bz2

A properly installed ffmpeg (read: any deb/rpm or presumably any stable version compiled from source) doesn't require paths. Same as on your desktop, you don't launch programs by typing in their full paths, you just type the program names and there's an appropriate reference in /usr/bin/, /home/user/bin/ or some such place that the operating system is wired to check.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.