Whats new?

Comments on The Latest WSN Links

Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Apr 10, 2006 - 10:36 AM:

There seem to be a few revisions of WSN Links lately, anyone tell me the main changes? Is it security or just features?

Thanks
Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 11, 2006 - 4:57 AM:

Just bug fixes to minor issues, most of which you can find in the bug reports forum. There will be no feature additions to the 3.3.x series (I plan to support it and fix bugs in it as the stable version at least through the end of the year, even though the next series will be out well before that). There's no urgency to upgrading, but the upgrade is pretty simple.

No security updates since 3.3.8.

The most important change to 3.3.13 may be that it automatically writes the file path to the config.php so that hopefully there won't be any more threads where the answer is that slashes have gone missing from the file path.

It may or may not also solve the problems of people whose subcategories aren't showing up.
ModemGuru

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 50
Posted Apr 11, 2006 - 5:35 AM:

Will the next version be 3.4.x or 4.0.x? Do you know yet if it will be a free update for current script owners, discounted for current script owners, or require full price? Any thoughts on when (summer 2006, winter 2007, etc) it might be released?

smiling face
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Apr 11, 2006 - 6:07 AM:

Hi Paul, thanks for the info smiling face

Regards
Jon
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 12, 2006 - 8:15 AM:

ModemGuru wrote:
Will the next version be 3.4.x or 4.0.x?

Since it's going to have some fundamental differences (like being able to run on SQLite, postgresql and perhaps other databases), I think I'll number it 4.0.0.

Do you know yet if it will be a free update for current script owners, discounted for current script owners, or require full price?

Despite how fast I'm going broke (lovely average monthly revenue of $1553 so far this year), I'm unfortunately bound by the terms of the license to give free updates. I suppose I could try to slip around that with the fact that the license gives no promises regarding actually supporting the latest version for everyone... I could require a payment in order to support 4.x versions, or more likely just go to a yearly fee for support for all versions as someone suggested a while back.

Any thoughts on when (summer 2006, winter 2007, etc) it might be released?

Depends on how ambitious I get, but summer 2006 would be a fair bet, unless I end up having to get a real job in which case the status of any future versions would be up in the air.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.