Comments on theme packager

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Apr 26, 2008 - 4:00 PM:

When I first saw this option I was pretty interested thinking of it as a good way to keep backups after making extesive changes as well as implementing the same changes easily when moving a site. Unfortunately, it has never worked for me. Following are the errors I get when I hit the submit button -

This same line is repeated 5 or more times or doesn't come up at all -
Warning: ftp_mkdir(): Can't create directory: File exists in /home/path/to/wsndir/includes/filefunctions.php on line 124

This error comes up every time -
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: tar in /home/content/h/i/f/hifalls/html/thelist/admin/themepackager.php on line 46

Also, it doesn't matter if I choose the default template sets or one I created on my own, it also doesn't matter if I choose yes or no to the 2 include options.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 26, 2008 - 11:20 PM:

Works for me. Are you in apache mode without suExec, with FTP info input to do the chmoding? What PHP version? Missing classes would suggest PHP 4 perhaps?
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Apr 27, 2008 - 10:23 AM:

Yes, I am using PHP 4. I didn't realize PHP5 was a requirement for this feature. Thanks.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 27, 2008 - 4:47 PM:

It isn't an intentional requirement, just a recommendation for smoother operation of the script as a whole. Things tend to go wrong a lot more in PHP 4 since I develop on PHP 5, don't have a PHP 4 server anywhere, and only a small percentage of customers have PHP 4. I'll fix it to make sure PHP 4 can see the class, though I'm not sure what causes the ftp message.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Apr 27, 2008 - 5:05 PM:

I was able to change my htaccess file so that I am now using PHP 5 and it worked fine. If you want me to test any changes for you in PHP 4 let me know I can easily change back.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.