Register Log In

upgrade problem

Comments on upgrade problem

Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Feb 05, 2009 - 12:00 AM:

I'm trying to upgrade a copy of 4.1.52 to 4.1.73 (before updating it to 5) but I'm getting the following error:

Extracted file ../temp/wsnlinks/templates/default/memberlist.tpl does not have the correct file size '' (2456 expected). Archive may be corrupted.
Directory ../temp/wsnlinks/ is unexpectedly empty!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/****/public_html/shops/includes/filefunctions.php on line 74

I tried erasing and recreating the temp as advised in a different thread, but no change.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 05, 2009 - 12:42 PM:

I don't see anything about 4.1.52 in the release notes that looks related except maybe the "apache manual setup upgrade ftp" bug, which I gather would mean there were upgrade problems for people who have PHP in apache mode, originally installed manually, and have to enter FTP info in their admin panel. Is this an FTP-info-requiring server?

Try overwriting the /classes/ and /includes/ subdirectories with 4.1.73's, then clicking the admin panel upgrade button again.
Michelle

Posted Feb 08, 2009 - 2:56 AM:

My other wsnlinks installs on the same server didn't require the ftp information. But I started installing it manually and discovered I ran into the disk quota before I finished, so maybe that was the cause.

I upgraded to 5.0 also, but now I'm getting errors like:

An error occoured at

www.icecreamnewyork.com/ice...ops/upgrade.php?getgoing=1 on 2009-02-08

08:41:57. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'ftp_chdir()

[function.ftp-chdir]: Can't change directory to

/home/*****/public_html/ice_cream_shops: No such file or directory' in

/home/*****/public_html/ice_cream_shops/includes/filefunctions.php on line 110.

There were many more errors like that, but they all said Error #2.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 08, 2009 - 8:18 PM:

It says that the FTP directory you specified is invalid. It needs to be the steps you take to get to the WSN directory from where that FTP info drops you by default. For example, public_html/links. You can edit it at Admin -> Settings -> System or in config.php.

My other wsnlinks installs on the same server didn't require the ftp information.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible, a web host can't have some sites running in suphp mode and some in apache mode at the same time. Check servertest.php for each and tell me what they say -- CGI or apache.
Michelle

Posted Feb 08, 2009 - 11:50 PM:

I logged on to follow your instructions and discovered everything's running fine now. Weird, but good. On to the next upgrade...
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.