vbulletin integration with non-sprefixes

Comments on vbulletin integration with non-sprefixes

Alfa1

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 13
Alfa1
Posted Jul 01, 2008 - 8:11 PM:

I have installed WSN links. After that I tried integration with vbulletin 3.7.1 PL2
I have non-standard prefixes. Since I could not find instructions for non standard prefixes, I followed the standard instructions:

First go to Admin -> Members -> Settings and check the list of pre-supplied integration files. If the script you need to integrate with is on the list and you have standard prefixes, you can just select it there and you're done.

After this, I was logged out of the admin and could no longer log in. The following error appeared on my link directory and admin:

Warning: mysqli_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/name/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/links/databases/mysqli.php on line 20
Warning: mysqli_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/name/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/links/databases/mysqli.php on line 20
Warning: mysqli_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/name/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/links/databases/mysqli.php on line 23

What do I do now?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 2:25 PM:

Open integration/vbulletin.php and type your vb table name near the top. You'll also need to supply your vb customer number in order to integrate cookies.
Alfa1

Alfa1
Posted Jul 02, 2008 - 5:44 PM:

That worked. But now I cant login. There seems to be a cookie problem.

Here are my vbulletin details:

session timeout: 9000

cookie path: /

cookie domain: blank

I did set my domain in WSN to www.mysite.com

while it is set in vbulletin to: myste.com

If possible, i would like to keep these settings in vbulletin as is, because changing them will cause a lot of problems.

What can I do to get in?
Alfa1

Alfa1
Posted Jul 03, 2008 - 2:49 PM:

I edited the post above.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 04, 2008 - 2:58 PM:

Can you get in when you don't do cookie integration? Are you positive $vblicense is accurately entered?

I did set my domain in WSN to www.mysite.com

Which setting are you taking to be asking for your domain name? Cookie domain would never use a www. and would never use the domain without a leading dot, so both those would be wrong for that.
Alfa1

Alfa1
Posted Jul 04, 2008 - 5:01 PM:

I do I do that? How do I get in?

I am certain that the correct licence number is entered.

WSN does show the number of members that I had at the time of installation / integration. Though it did not update the member count after that.

Regarding cookie domain: i am not sure where i needed to enter the domain in WSN. It may have been unrelated to the cookie domain. I just wanted to make sure.

I ran into another problem: vbulletin is now giving an error:

[php]

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT blog.*, blog_text.pagetext, blog_text.ipaddress AS blogipaddress, blog_text.allowsmilie, user.*, blog_user.title AS blogtitle,
blog_textparsed.pagetexthtml, blog_textparsed.hasimages, blog_user.options_everyone, blog_user.options_buddy,
blog_editlog.userid AS edit_userid, blog_editlog.dateline AS edit_dateline, blog_editlog.reason AS edit_reason, blog_editlog.username AS edit_username

,avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline,customavatar.width AS avwidth,customavatar.height AS avheight

FROM vb4_blog AS blog
INNER JOIN vb4_blog_text AS blog_text ON (blog.firstblogtextid = blog_text.blogtextid)
LEFT JOIN vb4_blog_editlog AS blog_editlog ON (blog_editlog.blogtextid = blog.firstblogtextid)
LEFT JOIN vb4_blog_textparsed AS blog_textparsed ON(blog_textparsed.blogtextid = blog_text.blogtextid AND blog_textparsed.styleid = 1 AND blog_textparsed.languageid = 1)

LEFT JOIN vb4_user AS user ON (blog.userid = user.userid)
LEFT JOIN vb4_blog_user AS blog_user ON (blog_user.bloguserid = user.userid)

LEFT JOIN vb4_avatar AS avatar ON(avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN vb4_customavatar AS customavatar ON(customavatar.userid = user.userid)

WHERE blog.blogid IN (1,3,11,37,40,46,53,54,71,74,75,78,86,93,95,96,106 ,129,130,136,139,140,142,149,157)
ORDER BY rating DESC, blogid;

MySQL Error : Column 'rating' in order clause is ambiguous
Error Number : 1052
Request Date : Thursday, July 3rd 2008 @ 04:17:16 AM
Error Date : Thursday, July 3rd 2008 @ 04:17:16 AM
Script : www.mysite.com/forum/blog.p...g.php...&blogtype=best
Referrer :
IP Address : xx.xx.xx.xx
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

[/php]

Did WSN add a 'rating' column to the vb4_user table?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 05, 2008 - 4:15 PM:

SELECT * is only supposed to be used in MySQL for testing purposes. Is this "blog" thing some sort of plugin for vBulletin which you've installed? A plugin writer using SELECT * seems more likely than vB's own developers using it.

At any rate, if SELECT * is being used as the above indicates, that'll cause problems if the code isn't written to accept new fields, since all the additional WSN fields are written to the vB user table. None of the other people using vB have reported a problem, though.

Regarding cookie domain: i am not sure where i needed to enter the domain in WSN. It may have been unrelated to the cookie domain. I just wanted to make sure.

Admin -> Settings -> System has a spot for the directory URL. This is NOT supposed to be your domain name, it's supposed to be your install location, as it defaults to. If changed to your domain name, all sorts of stuff would break. Cookie domain is another option on that same page.

To test with native WSN cookies, remove
$idcookiename = 'bbuserid'; 
$passwordcookiename = 'bbpassword';
// fill in the name of the cookie that holds the member id and password, if possible.

$cookietype = 'vb'; // if user cookie is array, fill in 'array'
from integration/vbulletin.php.
Alfa1

Alfa1
Posted Jul 05, 2008 - 7:08 PM:

vbulletin changed a lot with version 3.7. Besides the whole social networking thing included in vb 3.7, they also released a blog.

I was foolish to install WSN straight into my live site. Should have tried it on my test site first. Now my live site has errors and functions that do not work. I didn't make a backup either.

The quickest route to get my site working well again, seems to me to uninstall WSN and start over again. But if I uninstall WSN, will all go back to how it was? Will the database will be exactly as before and will nothing of the vbulletin tables be removed? Do you have other options to get WSN working nicely with vbulletin?

Asides from the blog error, I am also having a problem with members requesting their password in vbulletin.

I did manage to get back into the admin, with your instructions and using WSN native cookies.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 07, 2008 - 4:57 PM:

The database fields can only be removed manually.

The issue seems to be the same column name in multiple tables. A way to get it working would be to give a different name to the conficting column. Use phpmyadmin to change the rating field in the user table to 'wsnrating' and then add
$newrating = 'wsnrating';
to integration/vbulletin.php
Alfa1

Alfa1
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 08, 2008 - 10:26 AM:

That seems to have solved that error. Thank you.

Then the next one: Since WSN is installed, the vbulletin function /forum/login.php?do=emailpassword does not work anymore. I am not getting an error message. Just a blank screen. I have disabled the plugin system, to make sure that this is not due to other add-ons. Do you have an idea what is going on or how to resolve this?
Paul
developer

Paul
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 08, 2008 - 5:56 PM:

It's been a few years since I had a vBulletin license. I'd have to see an error message in order to have a clear idea. Based on the URL you gave I'm guessing this is a page that emails people a new password? Maybe a conflict with the 'salt' field... perhaps they've moved the salt into a new table now? If that were the case then surely you wouldn't be able to login at all in integrated WSN, though. So maybe it's the email or password fields... but the integration is having it use vB's version of those, so there aren't any new fields added for those.
Alfa1

Alfa1
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 09, 2008 - 8:46 PM:

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
link.linkid AS linkid, link.linkname AS linkname, link.linkdoi AS linkdoi,
link.linkuserid AS linkuserid, link.linkusername AS linkusername,
link.linkurl AS linkurl, link.linkimg AS linkimg,
link.linkimgthumb AS linkimgthumb, link.linkimgthumbsize AS linkimgthumbsize, link.linkforum AS linkforum,
link.linkdesc AS linkdesc, link.numrate AS numrate, link.totrate AS totrate,
link.linkhits AS linkhits, link.linksize AS linksize, link.linkstatus AS linkstatus,
link.linkdate AS linkdate, link.linkmoderate AS linkmoderate, link.linkmoddate AS linkmoddate,
link.linkreviewfreq AS linkreviewfreq,
ltoc.catid AS linkcatid, ltoc.displayorder AS linkdorder
, user.*, avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline,customavatar.width AS avwidth,customavatar.height AS avheight
, ltoc2.catid AS linkcatid2

, lkeys.keyword AS linkkey
FROM vb4_linkslink AS link
LEFT JOIN vb4_linksltoc AS ltoc ON link.linkid = ltoc.linkid
LEFT JOIN vb4_user AS user ON (user.userid = link.linkuserid)
LEFT JOIN vb4_avatar AS avatar ON (avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid)
LEFT JOIN vb4_customavatar AS customavatar ON (customavatar.userid = user.userid)

LEFT JOIN vb4_linksltoc AS ltoc2
ON link.linkid = ltoc2.linkid

LEFT JOIN vb4_linksltok AS ltok
ON link.linkid = ltok.linkid
LEFT JOIN vb4_linkskeys AS lkeys
ON ltok.keyid = lkeys.keyid
WHERE link.linkforum NOT IN (0,69,146,180,54,55,143,191,274,68,127,57,129,152,153,128,156,163,130,164,167,154,165,168,155,166,169,170,171,209,83,122,121) AND (link.linkid IN (-1) OR link.linkid IN (-1) OR link.linkid IN (-1)) AND link.linkstatus != -3 AND (link.linkmoderate = 0 OR
(link.linkmoderate = -2 AND link.linkuserid = 3102))
AND ltoc.catid IN (126%2C43%2C125%2C44%2C39%2C121%2C122)
ORDER BY linkdate DESC, linkname ASC, linkcatid ASC;

MySQL Error : Unknown column '2C43' in 'where clause'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Thursday, July 10th 2008 @ 01:06:57 AM
Error Date : Thursday, July 10th 2008 @ 01:06:57 AM
Script : http://www.mysite.com/forum/local_links_search.php
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 10, 2008 - 2:07 AM:

'2C43' isn't a WSN column. vB must be generating "126%2C43%2C125%2C44%2C39%2C121%2C122" from somewhere, only they would know where.

The names all seem to imply some sort of link directory system built into vBulletin, as does the "local_links_search.php" in the URL.
Alfa1

Alfa1
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 10, 2008 - 3:44 PM:

local_links_search.php is the Links and Downloads Manager add-on. I will check that out. Thanks.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.