mc19
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 41
Total Comments: 103
mc19
Weird template issues after upgrading
Posted Jul 15, 2012 - 8:25 PM:

I downloaded the 6.2.34 and upload to the server without removing any file, and upgrade from 6.1.26 to 6.2.34 without error msg.

I have encountered couples of template issues.

1st, newly uploading template does not show on Templates - settings, but it is appeared on an option box of Theme Installer -> Delete an installed theme.

2nd, I switched to the default template set, but I get the following errors (I did not remove any file from default template folder.)

Error: The file ../templates/admin/validation.tpl does not exist.
Error: The file ../templates/default/calendaraddeventlink.tpl does not exist.
Error: The file ../templates/default/calendardaylink.tpl does not exist.
Error: The file ../templates/default/calendarediteventlink.tpl does not exist.

Any idea what to look at in order to fix the above issues?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 17, 2012 - 9:29 AM:

1. What's the name of the new template set? Does it have the word hide or adminonly in it? If it was a theme that you installed through the theme installer, be aware that some of them are just stylesheets so they don't have separate template sets.

2. None of the specified templates actually ought to exist. What page do you get those errors on? I looked around and couldn't find any in my copy. It could be a problem with your schemas/templateschema.wsn if it's on the templates page. See if 6.2.35 fixes it?
mc19
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 41
Total Comments: 103
mc19
Posted Jul 20, 2012 - 8:14 PM:

I upgraded to 6.2.35, and when I click the Manage Templates, I will have the following errors. Can I just remove schemas/templateschema.wsn via FTP?

Error: The file ../templates/default/calendaraddeventlink.tpl does not exist.
Error: The file ../templates/default/calendardaylink.tpl does not exist.
Error: The file ../templates/default/calendarediteventlink.tpl does not exist.

I installed the template by uploading the whole template folder via FTP, usually it will be appeared on manage templates & setting pages,however i can't see the new template there, and the name of new template set is just a customized name, such as default1.

last question, what category variable i can use to get the URL of current category on the category page? I want to get the URL for bookmarking.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 22, 2012 - 9:19 PM:

Try overwriting with the attached version of the file. I can't see how it wouldn't have been overwritten on upgrade anyway though. If this doesn't work please submit an inspection request: http://www.wsnlinks.com/inspection.html

Are you sure your FTP upload worked fully? Check the number of files in your new template directory and see if it's the same number as in the working template directory.

The current category URL is {CATURL}.

Attached Files:
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.