Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Where do i change the database info?
Problem connecting to the database

Comments on Where do i change the database info?

jsfent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 24
jsfent
Posted Apr 17, 2010 - 11:03 PM:

The connection to my database appears to be broken. I can't get to the admin console because of a database connection problem. Where can I fix the database info in my WSN Links files?

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/e/l/e/elementlist/html/lnx/databases/mysql.php on line 22

Thx.

(I don't recall what the version number is.)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 19, 2010 - 1:39 PM:

The database info is in config.php, but that's not the problem you have there. The problem is a corrupted table in the database. http://www.elementlist.com/lnx/?debug=1 shows "Can't open file: 'wsnlinks_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)" which means the wsnlinks_sessions table is corrupted.

You can repair the table in phpmyadmin (on the "operations" tab for the table) or through the WSN admin panel (if you can get into it) at Admin -> Miscellaneous -> Advanced Options.

Your version number is 4.0.18, which is about 4 years old and has important security issues which are known to be exploited.
jsfent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 24
jsfent
Posted Jun 26, 2010 - 9:53 PM:

Whew! After a lot of run-around, I finally fixed it with this command in my PhP admin console.

REPAIR TABLE `table_name`
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.