Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Wordpress using WSNLinks Member DB?

Comments on Wordpress using WSNLinks Member DB?

fusionx
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 22
Total Comments: 85
fusionx
Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 3:21 PM:

Has anyone ever modified WordPress blog software to use the member's table in WSNLinks?

I know you can do the opposite using the Integration Wizard in WSNLinks. However, I want to add a blog to an existing WSNL installation, and would love to have single signon.

Maybe a WP plugin that would handle adding members to the WSNL DB, and would also handle creating the appropriate cookies for login, etc.. and user record edits and updates.. hmmm.. sounds kinda difficult smiling face

Any ideas?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 12, 2008 - 8:56 AM:

Unless wordpress is designed to be able to integrate members (don't know), your best bet is to import existing WSN members to the wordpress db, then integrate WSN into it. You could try to manipulate it in phpmyadmin to make that work, or I should be able to write an importer in 2-5 hours ($100-$250).

That's regular wordpress, not multiuser?
Jenny
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 199
Jenny
Posted Aug 25, 2009 - 5:09 AM:

maybe this is a stupid question, but ...
when I import existing WSNLinks members into Wordpress and then use the member integration to get them back into WSN, will the members still be connected to their own links and comments, etc?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 28, 2009 - 2:51 AM:

Only if they have the same id numbers as before.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Sep 15, 2009 - 9:39 AM:

So, I exported the WSN members and imported them back into Wordpress. So far, so good, they all show up and with bulk edit they should all have the correct usergroup now.

But when I go back into the WSN admin to set up the integration I get this error message and no data is showing up in the dropdowns further down - oh, and I'm in 5.0.68 now:

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana, arial; font-size: 11px; "> <p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">An error occoured at http://link-lounge.com/links/admin/integration.php on 2009-09-15 16:32:00. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource' in /home/linkloun/public_html/links/databases/mysqli.php on line 31.
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Debug info:
wdays`,`renewtimes`,`canviewownfulltrc`,`canviewallfulltrc`,`cansuggestban`,`limittags`,`cansubmitbulk` FROM wsnlinks_membergroups
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Load time so far: 0.06 seconds.
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Query 8: SELECT `id`,`name`,`links`,`comments`,`time`,`usergroup`,`password`,`ip`,`totalhits`,`totalhitsin`,`email`,`validated`,`template`,`language`,`lastattempt`,`allowemail`,`signature`,`avatarname`,`stylesheet`,`allowuseremail`,`albumid`,`failedattempts`,`totalbytes`,`funds`,`notifyoflinks`,`lastvisit`,`timezone`,`rating`,`pmfolders`,`notifyofpms`,`acceptpms`,`cookieduration`,`banned`,`location`,`homepage`,`occupation`,`bio`,`aim`,`icq`,`msn`,`yahoo`,`inactive`,`timeonline`,`totalpms`,`buddies`,`ignored`,`isonline`,`acceptims`,`adminpermissions`,`referrer`,`groupreverttime`,`grouprevertto`,`moderationpm`,`secondarygroups`,`linksperpage`,`commentsperpage`,`shouts`,`customtitle`,`shoutban`,`topicbans`,`forumbans`,`visibility`,`birthdate`,`lastsession`,`interests`,`posteditor`,`forumaccess`,`pmpopup`,`pmnotify`,`modnotes`,`guestnotes`,`salt`,`lastmodnote`,`newpms`,`imflag`,`orderalbums`,`lastguestnote`,`autosubscribe`,`notifymethod`,`showavatars`,`showsigs`,`warninglevel`,`topics`,`posts`,`chatcolor`,`traderrating`,`invitessent`,`validatedemail`,`newemail`,`calsub`,`macros`,`guestnotify`,`keychecktime`,`notifykeywords`,`autosubscribepost`,`blogrss`,`positivepct`,`notifytrader`,`inactiveemail` FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE id = '1' AND validated = 1
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Load time so far: 0.07 seconds.
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Query 9: SELECT `name`,`content` FROM wsnlinks_settings WHERE type='special'
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Load time so far: 0.09 seconds.
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Number of rows is 15
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Query 10: SELECT `name`,`content` FROM wsnlinks_settings WHERE type='special'
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Load time so far: 0.09 seconds.
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Number of rows is 15
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Getting table name list
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Query 11: SHOW TABLES
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Query 12: SHOW DATABASES
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Step 1 of backtrace:
File: /home/linkloun/public_html/links/databases/mysqli.php
Line: 31
Function: mysql_fetch_array
Arguments:
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Step 2 of backtrace:
File: /home/linkloun/public_html/links/classes/database.php
Line: 16
Function: listdbs
Arguments:
Class: db
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">Step 3 of backtrace:
File: /home/linkloun/public_html/links/admin/integration.php
Line: 185
Function: listdbs
Arguments:
Class: database
<p style="font: normal normal normal 12px/normal tahoma; ">An error occoured at http://link-lounge.com/links/admin/integration.php on 2009-09-15 16:32:00. Please relay this data to support. Error #2: 'Invalid argument supplied for foreach()' in /home/linkloun/public_html/links/admin/integration.php on line 188.
</span>
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 15, 2009 - 9:17 PM:

Try with the attached file in /databases/

Attached Files:
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Sep 20, 2009 - 10:37 AM:

thanks. I uploaded the file and it works fine on the first page, however when I fill in the information and go to the following page ("Please select which of the possible tables is the one you want to integrate with:") the drop-down is empty again.

BTW, when I'm asked Use a pre-configured option or Integrate with a new script I am able to select both radio buttons at the same time.

ETA: testing it right now with a clone running on 5.1.1: intgration page has no errors, database is showing up correctly and that radio button bug isn't there, however when I fill in the information and click the Integrate button, the page just reloads.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 21, 2009 - 6:35 PM:

I can't find a problem in 5.0 except for the both-radio-buttons thing, but I'll backport 5.1's integration so they should behave the same.

In 5.1, I see, fixed for 5.1.2.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
Posted Sep 22, 2009 - 10:34 AM:

sooo, I upgraded to 5.1.2, ran the integration script without errors and now I'm prompted to login when I visit the admin panel. So now I try to login with my Wordpress username and password and fail. It tells me that the username and password don't match. *ugh*

In phpMyAdmin I switched off the offline mode so I can at least check if the integration otherwise worked. And it looks like it did. The memberlist is full with the members from the WP database and when I click on my username I get the list of links I added. I assume when I regenerate the # of listings will go from 0 to the actual amount of links?!? The search for myself in the members list did not work though. While typing my username ("Jenny") was displayed in that little window underneath the search field, but when I hit search the results page said "1 matching result", but it didn't actually display the result.

The clone is here if you wanna take a look: http://link-lounge.com/thelinks
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 23, 2009 - 7:21 PM:

Doesn't happen in the integrations my sites do, so I'll have to install wordpress to check this out.
Paul
developer

Paul
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 25, 2009 - 7:14 AM:

WordPress changed their password encoding to something other than md5: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/293199

I'm not having any more luck finding out what they changed it to than that person, though.
Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 25, 2009 - 7:47 AM:

Okay, they've written their own crazily obfuscated mess of functions and classes and saved variables to hash passwords.

Even including the whole or wordpress into the page doesn't help, just generates wordpress errors.

The only thing I can suggest is that you install this wordpress plugin: [removed outdated advice -- see next post]
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 25, 2009 - 8:32 AM:

At long last, with no help from wordpress, I figured out they're using a third party library called phpass. I've managed to integrate that and wrote a new wordpress integration file for the next release that seems to work right.
Jenny
Forum Regular

Jenny
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 27, 2009 - 9:49 AM:

you're awesome :-) Seems like it's working just fine now! I regenerated the members and they show up with the right amount of links on the members list now.

btw, does it matter if the profile editing is done through WSN or WordPress? I figure it should be coherent throughout the whole page.
Paul
developer

Paul
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 28, 2009 - 8:26 AM:

Users can edit profiles through either system. Since there are profile options in wordpress that aren't in WSN and vice versa, I think it needs to be that way.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.