Register Log In

WSN Links vs WSN Directory

Comments on WSN Links vs WSN Directory

Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Feb 02, 2009 - 1:51 AM:

I see you've taken my feature request for maps listing all entries in a categorysmiling face and branched off into a new product, WSN Directory.shocked A couple of my existing WSN Links sites would probably be better off in that format, as some have many businesses that have physical addresses but not web sites. If I were to buy WSN Directory license(s), would it be possible to import the data to the new script?

(and I don't suppose you'd consider letting me convert a license or two for WSN Links to Directory? I bought the last three licenses after you said you'd work on it, thinking the map feature would be in a future upgrade, not an entirely new product.)
webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Feb 02, 2009 - 5:57 PM:

Yes, what is the situation with this?

My site is a WSN links install, but is a business directory. It all works fine now but does this mean you will only be developing business directory features for the directory script in future? If so, all of my licenses need to be directory rather than links, and swapping scripts concers me of the stricture is dfferent.

I hope that the features you add to the directory scrpt in future will also be available in the links script.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 03, 2009 - 1:21 PM:

Every WSN Directory feature is also a WSN Links feature -- there's nothing special any of the scripts can do that the others can't, except where not logically applicable (like reciprocal linking features are only in WSN Links, and WSN Gallery's .tar image importer doesn't logically apply to the other scripts). The category maps, certainly, are right there on the switches page in WSN Links. You're on the 4.1 series, of course, so you're a year behind the present. Various features advertised in the modern script weren't in it a year ago.

The only advantage you'd get from converting to WSN Directory would be that if you recreate your template set and language from scratch they'll differ less from the defaults, and thus be easier to upgrade in the future. That's probably not worth the trouble for you. If you think it is worth the trouble, let me know and I'll draw up a script-changing upgrade procedure.

I'll consider switching a license between the scripts on request, but only equal licenses -- an old series WSN Links license without the 5.0 upgrade fee paid can't convert to a new series license of the other scripts.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.