Comments on You already have an index file

osirs

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 31
osirs
You already have an index file
Posted Aug 28, 2016 - 8:20 PM:

I’m doing a new install of 10.0.18. I had some old WSN files and directories but I deleted them. In trying to install with autosetup.php I get this error: You already have an index file at that location. If it's a WSN install and you want to replace it, uninstall it first by visiting http:/…/admin/uninstall.php. I don’t have an index file in my public_html directory so I'm not sure how to proceed.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 28, 2016 - 10:30 PM:

The code checks for any file that contains 'index' in the name somewhere. I don't see another way the message could be triggered. You didn't specify a subdirectory to install to? Or are there are no index files on the server at all?

If you're sure there's nothing that could be overwritten that you don't want to lose, you can override by checking the "Bypass safety checks" box in the advanced options.
osirs

osirs
Posted Aug 30, 2016 - 7:58 PM:

I have a lot going with the server so I decided to put WSN into a sub-directory to avoid problems. Seems to be working fine.smiling face
osirs

osirs
Posted Aug 30, 2016 - 8:00 PM:

Just to let you know. I got an error message after I clicked the "submit" button in this forum although my comment posted correctly.

===============================================================================================
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@webmastersite.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 01, 2016 - 11:40 PM:

Yeah, dreamhost is really flaky and throws random internal server errors when their database is feeling busy. I need to find time to look for new hosting.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.