Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Link ID / Related Links / Alias

Title Link ID / Related Links / Alias
Description How to identify proper ID?
Message Text I have worked with the related link field with a vary small directory without using any aliased links. Pretty straight forward.. What is causing me problems now though is that it appears that the related links must be the 'base id' and that is kind of hard to figure out with a populated directory. I've tried using some of the id=<nn> values for related link data and apparently I need to figure out the base ID or something. I've entered obvious alias ID (id=127 where there are only 55 'real' links) assuming those URL id= values are what I think they are.. I am seeing the related links simply referencing the same link I added the related link ID to.. EG: Link 75 Add related ID of 119 View link 75 Related link is link 75 Assuming I am correct that I need to get down to the heart of the matter and use the 'real' link IDs for related entries, how to figure this out? I've not come across anything I can recall in the browsing of the directory or in the admin area. I am guessing that my best next step is to fire up phpmyadmin and use the lower records or cull out those that somehow are identified as alias links... Uggg. Unless I am completely off base here, it would be nice if there was a list feature in the admin area that would show something like:
link ID  alias  title (30 char)                related
-------  -----  ------------------------------ -------------------------------
001        N    This is link one               45,48,60
002        N    This is link two
045        Y    This is link one
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership zippo
Views 459 views. Averaging 0 views per day.