Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Feedback needed

Title Feedback needed
Message Text Three new usability-oriented areas in 5.1 I could use feedback on: 1) A logo uploader. It has come to my attention that a lot of people have difficulty figuring out how to replace the logo with their own. 2) A type manager which should simplify the process of setting up link types. It automatically updates the templates, and automatically chooses the official in-template type name so that you only choose the display name. 3) Guided Start. This will launch after setup completes, and take people through the process of doing everything that a person will normally want to do after setup. Things I've thought of: choosing features (switches), selecting a basic style (at least light or dark should be available), setting their logo, inputing details like the site title and timezone (suggestions for what details and settings could go in here welcomed), setting up link types, importing links, and (if a multilingual install) translation. What else should be in this process? Also, I'm looking for any other suggestions on how to reduce the number of people who say the script is confusing or scary to start using.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Paul
Views 779 views. Averaging 0 views per day.